CPU/Mobo Games on a mobo with onboard GPU

digTro

Disciple
A friend of mine is going for a budget PC. We have this config in mind:

AMD 64 3000+
A8N VM CSM
1GB RAM

Will games like F.E.A.R., Oblivion run at all even if all the eye candy is turned down and res is 640X480? How about 2004 games like Doom3 and HL2?

ROFL don't bother with those games, even a 7800GT struggles in Oblivion and FEAR, a onboad card wont even install the damn game :rofl: OK well it MIGHT install the game.

Oblivion has put X1900XTX crossfire to knees at 1600x1200, how can you even think of it with onboard graphics. Well u wont be able to get more than 10 fps at lowest resolution, then it is purely your choice whether you are happy with that or not. My sugestion is that you can look for some hot deals on this forum for a graphics card and can enjoy a bit more than 640x480.:no: :no:

Hmm.... May be he'll have to settle with playing old games for now and upgrade to a decent gfx card later on. Thanks for your inputs guys...

digTro said:
Hmm.... May be he'll have to settle with playing old games for now and upgrade to a decent gfx card later on. Thanks for your inputs guys...
Hello DigTro, if you please list some of the key features the A8N VM CSM has over the A8N VM, i would really appreciate it!!:)
And the price its avalable for!!:p

My pal is getting an A8N VM CSM and i would like to see if he can really benefit from the extra features(apart from the slighly better onboard gfx, chipset) offered, at a higher price though!!:S

I am also comtemplating if a Foxconn NF4 mobo for 2k only, with a the XFX 6600(nonGT), maybe5k or lower, will help him get a better gaming experience!!:cool2:
Especially coz that fellow doesnt want to and is not going to Overclock his 3000+!!:p

That foxconn mobo is a rocksteady one and the foxconn+6600 combo might work out only slightly higher than the CSM mobo!!
But providing a much better gaming experience nonetheless!!:cool2:

Else, i think my friend would be ok with the A8N VM mobo if he's only gaming slightly and focuses more on the net and other usual stuff!!:p
Coz he's anyways gonna get a better PCIe card later, so no point in putting in more money for slighly better onboard Gfx now!!
Thats what i hink at least, from what i know of the CSM mobo!!:ashamed:

Please help me out on that!!:cool2:

Will games like F.E.A.R., Oblivion run at all even if all the eye candy is turned down and res is 640X480? How about 2004 games like Doom3 and HL2?

my friend is having the same configuration ! Doom 3 and HL 2 Run smoothly only at low-med settings at 640 resolution ! Whereas Fear does not install ! Havent tried oblivion but i am sure it wont install as well !

overclocked said:
Oblivion has put X1900XTX crossfire to knees at 1600x1200, how can you even think of it with onboard graphics. Well u wont be able to get more than 10 fps at lowest resolution, then it is purely your choice whether you are happy with that or not. My sugestion is that you can look for some hot deals on this forum for a graphics card and can enjoy a bit more than 640x480.:no: :no:

oh please! not everyone runs their games at the highest quality / top resolution . I prefer playing a game smoothly than playing a game just for eyecandy . if my Leadtek 6600 chugs abit in max. quality , I reduce it . thats all . I am sure most of the guys here do not have a monitor which supports 1600x1200 resolution . If I were to run Oblivion on my system , I would reduce the graphics details :) . but yeah eyecandy over FPS for most of the people

^^ Very True , Its better to run a game on decent Graphics and good FPS then it is to run it on Maximum Graphics and Poor FPS ! But The Graphics should be very Decent Other wise u Miss on some good gaming experience !

Back