Monitors Gaming Monitor [23"/24"], Suggestions please

memnom

Adept
Hey Folks,

Im looking for a 23"/24" Monitor.

The usage pattern will be like Gaming > HD Movies/TV > Browsing > Pic/Doc Editing.

Budget is around 18k give or take 1k if its so compelling.

Please pour in your suggestions.

Cheers.

I suggest looking up the options locally available and posting them here for feedback. Dealers might not stock all brands/models.

I've been using Dell monitors for years now and think they do well for most purposes. Currently own a 22" and 24" from Dell. They also offer the UltraSharp line of monitors.

ASUS makes great gaming monitors, so consider this when you go monitor hunting.

BenQ monitors offer a great deal more than the competition. It's just their availability, long term reliability and A.S.S I would be worried about.

As suggested above, rule out IPS panels for now because gaming is top priority and response time matters. TN/VA panels are what you are after.

How about the Dell U2412M for gaming, its 16;10 rather than 16;9?

And every review say it has very less input lag and B2W lag that its more than good for gaming including competitive FPS.

Any input on this?

16:10 vs 16:9 doesn't really matter for gaming. The display resolution will differ.

The 16:9 format is best suited for movies/entertainment, while the 16:10 supports a broader range of applications. Serious gamers would prefer a 16:10 panel. Also good for working with documents and stuff.

The Dell U2412M appears to have generally positive reviews which is good. Look through the review and user comments here. Response time of 8ms is not too bad considering most other panels average at around 5ms. In most cases (games), the difference wouldn't be noticeable.

Hope this helps.

@memnom definitely a good monitor
response times with overdrive on is pretty good,no ghosting should be noticeable!
Ips panel so good colours,also reviews say it has great black & contrast levels...
Go for it

Last edited by a moderator:
All those newegg reviews say that text is blurry and whites look dirty (due to the anti-glare coating). Sad. Thought this monitor was meant to be great!

Back