Budget 51-70k Gaming/Music Production Rig

I finally ordered the desktop today, with Coolermaster Elite 430 and MSI GTX 660 TI Power Edition. I should be getting delivery on Friday, and not sure if they are giving the free Borderlands 2 coupon. The entire spec cost me Rs 67,000 and I'll buy the audio card in the near future.
Thanks everyone for your inputs !

Congrats,It'd be better if you post damages of every component,Instead of full amount,Enjoy.:)
I finally ordered the desktop today, with Coolermaster Elite 430 and MSI GTX 660 TI Power Edition. I should be getting delivery on Friday, and not sure if they are giving the free Borderlands 2 coupon. The entire spec cost me Rs 67,000 and I'll buy the audio card in the near future.
Thanks everyone for your inputs !

Congrats,It'd be better if you post damages of every component,Instead of full amount,Enjoy.:)

Intel Core i5 3450 + Gigabyte B75M-D3H : Rs 15,400
Corsair Vengeance 4x2 : Rs 3,200
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1 TB : Rs 4,450
Dell ST2220L : Rs 8,400
Coolermaster Elite 430 : Rs 2,700
Logitech G100 Key/Mouse Combo : Rs 1,380
MSI GTX 660 TI Power Edition : Rs 22,000
Corsair GS600W : Rs 4,450
APC BR1100VA IN : Rs 5,300

The total comes in around Rs 67,300 rounded to Rs 67,000. I could've bargained some more I think.
Also getting free Assembling, Dust Cover, Spike Guard, Card Reader & Mouse Pad.

Purchased the above from Dynamic Computer @ Lamington Road.

The vendor was insisting I go for AMD 6100 processor as it has 2 extra cores & better specs but I figured he is probably only getting a higher margin on it & quality/efficiency wise i5 3450 is better. :cool:

Why didn't you get Seasonic S12ii 520W-4k from Primeabgb OR Theitwares?,It would've been a good by but anyways GS600 isn't bad,Happy Gaming.Do post pics in Showoff.
Intel Core i5 3450 + Gigabyte B75M-D3H : Rs 15,400
Corsair Vengeance 4x2 : Rs 3,200
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1 TB : Rs 4,450
Dell ST2220L : Rs 8,400
Coolermaster Elite 430 : Rs 2,700
Logitech G100 Key/Mouse Combo : Rs 1,380
MSI GTX 660 TI Power Edition : Rs 22,000
Corsair GS600W : Rs 4,450
APC BR1100VA IN : Rs 5,300

The total comes in around Rs 67,300 rounded to Rs 67,000. I could've bargained some more I think.
Also getting free Assembling, Dust Cover, Spike Guard, Card Reader & Mouse Pad.

Purchased the above from Dynamic Computer @ Lamington Road.

Why didn't you get Seasonic S12ii 520W-4k from Primeabgb OR Theitwares?,It would've been a good by but anyways GS600 isn't bad,Happy Gaming.Do post pics in Showoff.

They did not have GS 500 so automatically upgraded to 600. What is the difference between the two (Seasonic 500 & Corsair 600), other than price ? If the Seasonic is a better fit for me I can still ask them to get me the Seasonic instead of the Corsair. I'm making the payment by demand draft so I preferred purchasing the entire assembly from the same shop. :)

The Seasonic S12ii series is overall solid built than Corsair GS Series,See if you can get the Seasonic PSU but if you can't then settle for GS600 there are few friends of mine who're using it for a long time and it works fine.
They did not have GS 500 so automatically upgraded to 600. What is the difference between the two (Seasonic 500 & Corsair 600), other than price ? If the Seasonic is a better fit for me I can still ask them to get me the Seasonic instead of the Corsair. I'm making the payment by demand draft so I preferred purchasing the entire assembly from the same shop. :)

The Seasonic unit is overall a better, more efficient and a safer option.

Here is a review of the Seasonic S12II 520W --> Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review / Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

The GS series is a notch below in performance and build quality --> Corsair GS500 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets.

Try to switch if possible. Cheerio!

Alright, so I've gotten the delivery. Instead of the MSI GTX 660 TI I had to go with Asus because MSI wasn't available.
The card is so huge that it takes up the other slot where I was planning to park the audio card.
I'm guessing in future I will have to settle with an external version of the audio card.

The Monitor (Dell ST2220L) is a bit brighter and color reproduction is less vivid than expected, but I guess this is the best for the price.. or I've just been spoiled by my samsung LED tv.

One problem I have is that the UPS doesn't seem to work.
I'm probably doing it right since it's fairly straight forward.. I plugged it into the power supply, switched power on and when I press the power button on the UPS there is no response. According to the manual there should be a beep sound and the LED indicator should light up, however nothing seems to happen.
Does this mean it's a faulty piece off the bat ?

Update: I tried the "Live Assistance" from APC's website and figured I've to manually connect the battery :D

Alright, so I've gotten the delivery. Instead of the MSI GTX 660 TI I had to go with Asus because MSI wasn't available.
The card is so huge that it takes up the other slot where I was planning to park the audio card.
I'm guessing in future I will have to settle with an external version of the audio card.

Update: I tried the "Live Assistance" from APC's website and figured I've to manually connect the battery :D

^^ I was about to tell you the manual plug in part of the battery.

One of my college-mate did not do so and lived under the assumption he had a faulty piece for a whole year.

Hope the system is up and kicking now. Cheerio!

For music production what are you planning to do....

You will need a decent soundcard, mixer, mics and studio monitors...

Soundcard and Mixer Combo solutions are also available with phantom power in case you want to use condenser mics

^^ I was about to tell you the manual plug in part of the battery.

One of my college-mate did not do so and lived under the assumption he had a faulty piece for a whole year.

Hope the system is up and kicking now. Cheerio!

Dayum, he should have called customer care or checked with his retailer !
I am assuming the "Battery Power" slots cannot be used as soon as I switch the UPS on for the first time, and should be running after the initial 8 hours charge or so.
The system is up & running great. I played some Witcher 2 and it runs smooth everything maxed out. The cabinet remains silent as well even with heavy processing loads. Thanks again for the recommendations.

- - - Updated - - -

For music production what are you planning to do....

You will need a decent soundcard, mixer, mics and studio monitors...

Soundcard and Mixer Combo solutions are also available with phantom power in case you want to use condenser mics

I'm learning to produce mostly instrumental/ambient music with random samples from here & there, not actual vocals of my own. I wont be using any physical instruments other than a Midi Keyboard, so I guess I just need a sound card for better quality audio processing.

Update: I let the UPS charge the whole day, and still the "Battery Backup" outlets dont supply any power. I've connected the PC with the "Surge Protection" outlets. When the power supply to the UPS is switched off, the UPS still remains on which means the battery is working. There is no such problem described in the manual.. will get in touch with the customer care again tomorrow :/

You can start off with m-audio 24/96 soundcard (with good ASIO audio drivers
) den maybe upgrade to a focusrite or presonus sound cards. If you are into production, your resolution matters for a good sound stage while mixing. If not, your mix will sound muddy. Let me know your specific production needs and i can help you out zero in on gear...

Some budget sound-card options made for music production work.

The interfaces in or are expensive versions of the basic one mentioned
Steinberg CI1 (or the CI2, CI3)
Alesis Multimix 4 (or 6)
Wharfdale Connect 502 USB (802 USB)
TC Electronic Desktop Konnect 6

Back