Gaming pc @ 50K

JJ the great

Disciple
What is your budget?

50K if required i can extend 5k more

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel pentium d 2.66ghz
Motherboard - intel
GPU - onboard
RAM - kingston 256 mb 440mhz
HDD - maxtor 80gb
Monitor - lg 15 inch currently using my 40 inch 3d tv as montor
SMPS - new zebronics 230v
keyboard mouse combo - logitech mk 320
UPS - microtek 1 kv

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - samsung 40 inch d6600 3D TV
keyboard mouse combo - logitech mk 320
UPS - microtek 1 kv
SPEAKERS - SAMSUNG Soundbar
HDD - Seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200.12
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 2400
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
GPU - ATI 7xxx
RAM - corsair or gskill 4x2GB
SMPS - seasonic 620W or corsair tx650
CABINET - NZXT LEXA S or CM 690 2 or any better alternative
ODD - normal DVD wrter
CPU COOLER - ? if my budget allows
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
ODD - asus blu ray writer

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

New Delhi
Open to online purchase Yes

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
Browsing
HTPC
Download rig, 14x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Ya I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic due to rashi peripherals bad service but i think Asus will improve their after sales in the future

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Mafia 2,battlefield 3, COD MW3,Batman arkum asylum & city,Max payne 3 & GTA 5 & many more
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1920x1080p
Desktop - 1920x1080p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

confused

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

CPU -Intel i5 2500k-11.5k
Motherboard-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.1k or ASUS P8Z68-V-12.5k
GPU -ATI 7xxx as it'll release soon.
RAM -corsair xms3 4X2gb 1600mhz-3.3k or Gskill ripjaws x4x2GB-3.4k
SMPS -seasonic s12ii 620W-4.6k orcorsair tx650V2-5.2k
CABINET-Corsair carbide 400R-5k[It's best within 5k budget],if you want to spend more then CM 690II-6.2k or Cooler Master HAF 912-6.5k
ODD -Samsung dvd r/w-1k
CPU COOLER -Cm hyper 212 evo-2.1k or Noctua nh-u12p se2-3.9k
SSD-OCZ Agility 3 60 GB-6.9k
If you are not going to overclock then-
CPU - Intel i5 2400-10.5k+Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K,rest the same as above excluding cpu cooler.

Spend a bit less on the cabby front. Keep money in reserve. Even the HD7950 will be costly and I would say settle for the best nothing less in the GPU department. I took a good call settling for the HD5850 instead of the HD5770 more than 2 years ago. Had I gone Core i5 and HD5770...games would have started lagging on me already and BF3 would never have run on ULTRA at 1920*1080 resolution.

So in case you're thinking about HD7870 or something chuck it and stretch and settle for the HD7950 if possible. Will serve you easily for 3 years and beyond possibly. I know my HD5850 will.

@the gatekeeper

@comp@ddict

Thanks guys:hap2:

CPU - i5 2400 because never done overclocking

Motherboard - I heard in the past that foxcon makes intel motherboards & their build quality is not good as compared to Asus,Gigabyte or Msi & I want to use onboard intel hd 3000 till 7xxx launch so suggest me a gigabyte board which can unlock the onboard gfx

RAM - In terms of performance & service which is the best ?

SMPS - where is tx650 v2 available @5.2k on smc @6k & not the v2 version tx750 v2 @ 6.5k on prime abgb both models are not available

Cabinet -corsair carbide is available on prime @5k but CM 690 II @ 4.7k on smc so price wise 690 II is better I think what you guys say

CPU COOLER - is required if am not overclocking ?

SSD - I will add it next winter after price drops :eek:hyeah:

GPU - @ comp@ddict If 7950 is around 20 k i will buy if not then I will settle for 7870 after reading review that will compare 6950 & gtx 570 with these new monsters

I don't have any problem in spending 5k on a cabinet because its an integral part in a gaming rig helps in better cable management too.

I am just asking you that cm 690 II or corsair carbide 400R is better ? If you say CM 690II then it will 4.7k only at SMC i will get it or if you say carbide 400R is better then I have to order it from prime abgb

JJ the great said:
@the gatekeeper

@comp@ddict

Thanks guys:hap2:

CPU - i5 2400 because never done overclocking

Motherboard - I heard in the past that foxcon makes intel motherboards & their build quality is not good as compared to Asus,Gigabyte or Msi & I want to use onboard intel hd 3000 till 7xxx launch so suggest me a gigabyte board which can unlock the onboard gfx

RAM - In terms of performance & service which is the best ?

SMPS - where is tx650 v2 available @5.2k on smc @6k & not the v2 version tx750 v2 @ 6.5k on prime abgb both models are not available

Cabinet -corsair carbide is available on prime @5k but CM 690 II @ 4.7k on smc so price wise 690 II is better I think what you guys say

CPU COOLER - is required if am not overclocking ?

SSD - I will add it next winter after price drops :eek:hyeah:

GPU - @ comp@ddict If 7950 is around 20 k i will buy if not then I will settle for 7870 after reading review that will compare 6950 & gtx 570 with these new monsters

Yup good choice. But would it suit you if I asked you to wait a few weeks?

WHy? Because INTEL is releasing Sandy Bridge's without onboard iGPUs. If you wait a few weeks, you might be able to bag the HD7950(jan 8th launch) and a cheaper Core i5 CPU together. Money saved can be invested in the GPU or elsewhere or just saved. What say?

Also, CPu cooler is not required.

IMO onboard IGP would come in handy in case the GPU has to be RMAed. In that case one can fall back on the IGP for basic computing instead of getting another entry level GPU just to get the system running!

@comp@ddict I will buy it after jan 10 but dark angel is very right if anything happens too the gpu then igp will help so buying with igp is better I too think
the gpu will be bought in feb end or march at that time prices of 7950 will start dropping :eek:hyeah:

I am now only getting the RIG without GPU

suggest me a good motherboard

I would suggest don't go down on your motherboard it will help further while upgrading, I am not suggesting spending 12-13k, but ones in the range of 8-9k would suffice

Also buying SSD now is sort of good because due to HDD price bubble people are turning towards SSD making their prices go down

Also if you are a pro gamer and in online gaming I cannot stress the importance of a PS/2 port on your motherboard

Finalized components

CPU - i5 2400

RAM - corsair xms3

ODD - Samsung

SMPS - corsair tx750 v2

Advice needed on these components

Motherboard - ?

Cabinet - CM 690 II or corsair carbide which is better ?

SSD - i will SSD & use that money on 7950 gpu :eek:hyeah:

^^ Use SSD only if you really really want to. Otherwise it's not really beneficial at all for "GAMING" purposes.

Although for a 50k rig, SSD seems unreal, and best left out.

Well, the cabinet's are NZXT Gamma and CM 690 II (~2 and ~4k respectively), they are two great options at their budgets.

As for motherboard, are you absolutely certain that you want to OC or not?

thegatekeeper said:
CPU -Intel i5 2500k-11.5k

Motherboard-ASUS P8Z68-V-12.5k
i5 2500k @ 11.5k ?

Asus p8z68-v @ 12.5k ?

Are these approximate prices ?

If no then where do you get those so cheap ?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Ya I am not going to overclock now so suggest me a good Gigabyte motherboard that can unlock the igp

corsair carbide 400R is really good I watched the video review & I liked it :eek:hyeah: so I will get it but 2 problems are there

1 guys 7950 will fit into this case or not ?

2 I have to order it from prime abgb so hows there service ? In how many days they take to ship it into my home ?

3 anyone bought this cabinet yet ? If yes share there experience

CPU - Intel i5 2400-10.5k+GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3-5.7K if you want gigabyte mobo,Amd hd7950 will fit in corsair 400R,it's a great cabinet.

thanks for the suggestion but the motherboard don't have a USB 3.0 port so suggest a motherboard with USB 3.0

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@the gate keeper If I take the h67 chipset motherboard the wiki link below says h67 will support ivy bridge

LGA 1155 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 is it true can you confirm ?

2 Every time you suggest everyone Asus motherboards that's because Asus motherboards has better build quality than gigabyte ?

3 I preferred GIGABYTE because of the poor service by Asus or their service improved now ?

Back