Gaming Rig - Need advice on some of the components

sn4k382

Disciple
Hello guys, need some advice on some of the components for a gaming config.

CPU - Intel 2600k
MoBo - Intel DZ68DB
RAM - Please advice. GSkill or Corsair? 8GB or 4GB?
GPU - MSI 560 Ti HAWK
PSU - Please advice. Will the Sea Sonic 520 do ? The current plan is not to OC unless it makes a difference while gaming.
HDD - Please advice. Need suggestions for a good HDD which can be used as a Windows installation drive, preferably 500GB +
CPU Fan - Please advice. The current plan is not to OC unless it makes a difference while gaming.
----------
Currently have a max budget of 10k for "Please advice" stuff but I am open to suggestions to save money if possible.

Thanks in advance

why u do want to buy oringal intel board dz68db is is unless board and oem and not powerful overcloking so better get another board like Asus or gigabyte or msi which is is more reilable board and better oc

for gpu i recommend 6950 and the sea-sonic can handle 560 or 6950 is enough..

for cpu fan cooler cool master hyber 212+ is enough for u budget

Assuming the budget for components is 10k:

RAM: Go for the Gskill, 8GB(4GBX2), to dual channel

PSU: If not OCing then go for S12-II 520 80+ Bronze

HDD: Get the Seagate 7200.12(not 7200.11) 1TB HDD

Arun.P said:
why u do want to buy oringal intel board dz68db is is unless board and oem and not powerful overcloking so better get another board like Asus or gigabyte or msi which is is more reilable board and better oc
May get this is a combo so changing the mobo may not be possible. But I will look into it.

Arun.P said:
for gpu i recommend 6950 and the sea-sonic can handle 560 or 6950 is enough..
Been using ATI for quite sometime but have been a Nvidia fan boy hence the 560

Arun.P said:
for cpu fan cooler cool master hyber 212+ is enough for u budget
Since the mobo may not be the best to overclock may push this buy to a later date
Thanks for the reply guys

U mean u have an extra budget of 10K over and above the budget for the stuff above? If u do not have any stuff that makes use of the 4C/8T of 2600K, would suggest to go for 2500K. Also do not go for an Intel board, but rather a board from gigabyte / asus

vivek.krishnan said:
U mean u have an extra budget of 10K over and above the budget for the stuff above? If u do not have any stuff that makes use of the 4C/8T of 2600K, would suggest to go for 2500K. Also do not go for an Intel board, but rather a board from gigabyte / asus
My budget of 10k is for the hardware which i have marked "Please Advice". Regarding the processor and mobo, I may be getting it is a combo and will not be able to change it. If i dont get the 2600k, I will be going for the 2400 with a H67 board.

Back