General buying advice ?

blr_p

Skilled
I managed to source a PCMCIA ethernet from a vendor in my city. He tells me that none are in stock and wants a 50% advance so he can order it from Taiwan. He asked to just send a check for the advance.

Is this ok ?

Was looking for a method with which I can prove the amount had defnitely been sent to the other account.

I got the vendor's address from the distributor and he sounds knowledgeable. Had asked for a electronic funds transfer capability which he said to get back to him later about as the shop is quite a distance from where I live so its likely I won't be able to get a receipt for the advance.

Is there any difference between these two methods ?

I figured a electronic funds transfer would at least mention WHO the funds were being send to rather than just a check which only shows a transaction. I don't have a CC atm and don't think he has an ebay account either.

check / eft / cc all are equal in case of fraud or like that complication.

with referance number of EFT / Cheque No. ? CC transction no. you can get complete financial transaction details.

Keep a photocopy of Cheque with you, and get a receipt or email confirmation of cheque.

I feel this should suffice.

medpal said:
check / eft / cc all are equal in case of fraud or like that complication.

with referance number of EFT / Cheque No. ? CC transction no. you can get complete financial transaction details.
ok

medpal said:
Keep a photocopy of Cheque with you, and get a receipt or email confirmation of cheque.

I feel this should suffice.

Cool & thx :)

Back