Get a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 (VB.NET) retail value of $299.00

Dark Star

ex-Mod
Microsoft is offering a "free copy" of Visual Studio 2005 Standard, an estimated retail value of $299.00. Well, it's almost free, you have to register and watch two FREE VB.NET Lab Cast. Not a bad deal: You can learn something and get a free copy of Visual Studio at the same time.

Here are some of the lab cast subjects:

Learn how to
  • Modernize and simplify installation of Visual Basic 6.0 applications
  • Add new data-bound forms to Visual Basic 6.0 applications
  • Introduce simple background threading to Visual Basic 6.0 applications
  • View and edit SQL Serverâ„¢ data
  • Create data-centric Web applications with your Visual Basic desktop development skill
  • Keep Microsoft Word documents in sync with your database
  • Oh, and don't forget to submit your evaluation form. That's how they count the # that you've seen.

It's a limited time offer, so get it while you can.

Here's the link: Upgrade to Visual Basic 2005

* Nominal fee and shipping and handling charges apply. Offer good in the United States only through June 30, 2007, while supplies last. This offer is available only to professionals employed in the area of software development who attend any two Visual Basic 2005 Labcasts and submit the evaluation form for each session. Limit one per customer. This offer is non-transferable. Please allow 6–8 weeks for delivery. Microsoft is not responsible for non-delivery of the complimentary copy of Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition due to incorrect mailing information provided by recipient. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

10 chars :p

I think I got about half a dozen of those disks about 2 months ago.

never used them,gave one away.

not sure whether they were Trials or the read deal

The less I say on this, the better. The simplest thing would be to look at the license even if it was given as a freebie. I'm no programmer but wouldn't touch any tool, however good even with a long pole as far as it works for MS . Its good GNU has been having lot of things on the Windows platform. I do make use most of them whenever I need to use Windows (i.e. under duress.) :bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

Back