getting .1Kbps download speed in utorrent

adder

Skilled
ok guys i just installed Utorrent and in preferences i unchecked the UpNp port mapping thats all i did and started dowloading and i am getting 1KB/s download in utorrent, is there any other setting i should know about.

note i this is my first time i have ever used a any torrent .

Well how many seeds are you getting.... I assume that you are using a public tracker.... when you dowload a torrent file...always see the seeder/leecher ratio.... more seeders generally means faster download speeds....

its means the port is not accepting connections... you have to port forward in order to get proper download speeds....

What ADSL modem are you using....

Find guides for port forwarding

Hey,

It's most likely not the seeder/leecher ratio but ur firewall.

If u have a firewall, check whether utorrent is added in the exception list and allowed all incoming and outgoing traffic.
On allowing all traffic, there's a status icon on the lower section of utorrent which should change to green which means proper flow of traffic. Currently, it should be yellow now.

Just add the utorrent.exe to the exceptions and utorrent will work fine.
All the above mentioned are applicable to Norton Internet Security Suites.

If using Kaspersky, u have to add the port utorrent is using to the exceptions rule of the firewall.

See if it helps. Let me know in case u need more info.:)

well i use the windows firewall and yes it had been added to the firwall exception list.i am getting anywhere b/w .1KB/s to 6KB/s.

Did U try any other torrents(i.e. from other sites like piratebay etc).

See if u get better speeds there coz if u do then probably the torrents are a problem.

What port number are u using for incoming and outgoing traffic? Are u not using any security suites?

Also check your HTTP download speed. If you are getting crappy speeds on HTTP downloads as well , it most probably means that there is some problem with your broadband connection.

clown_abhi said:
Did U try any other torrents(i.e. from other sites like piratebay etc).
See if u get better speeds there coz if u do then probably the torrents are a problem.

What port number are u using for incoming and outgoing traffic? Are u not using any security suites?

Bluffmaster said:
Also check your HTTP download speed. If you are getting crappy speeds on HTTP downloads as well , it most probably means that there is some problem with your broadband connection.

well i am using the torrent at pirate bay,no good. i did the portfowarding .well i dont have any security suites other then windows firewall which has excluded uttorrent,also i am using norton anti virus but i dont think it has anything to do.

well microsofts HD videos download at 24KB/s.

Hmm .... Try turning your firewall off , also try using another bit torrent client like azureus. If it still doesn't work , try downloading some different torrent.

well guys after messing around with the settings ,port number i saw a maximum speed of 32Kb/s now getting average of 20KB/s to 25KB/s.which i guess is ahuge improvement neverthless BSNL sucks.
thanks for all ur help guys realy appreciate them.:)

adder said:
well guys after messing around with the settings ,port number i saw a maximum speed of 32Kb/s now getting average of 20KB/s to 25KB/s.which i guess is ahuge improvement neverthless BSNL sucks.
thanks for all ur help guys realy appreciate them.:)

buddy bsnl doesn't such as far as speeds are concerned.

in fact they offer one of the best speeds for price.
they service is bad/non existent though...

even i was on BSNL 500 plan wit 2mbps speed bt due to ma 6k bill for 2months dad changed to 256kpps and i get max 23-27kbps seems proper as for 256kBps/8=32kbps:S :huh:

guys nearly 10% of data is wasted :( ,is there a way to prevent it.and me being on a 256k connection its hours worth of download wasted.:mad:

i am use bitcommet 1.03 + bitcommet tweaker app after apply the patch... i am getting 39 kBps,,,

I'm using Airtel 256 Kbps Unlimited,

http:// 40 kBps
Torrent:// 35 - 38 kBps..

Happy after apply tweak patcher..

Hey guys even i am not getting speed above 10kbps on torrents.
I am using kaspersky and utoorent is added as an exception but the port is not getting forwarded.
Can any body tell me what to do.
I am using BSNL EV-DO plan.

Back