Android Getting a Nexus 4 (or two) and CDMA from US

TheIndian

Skilled
Hello,

I have always bought phones locally and never even considered buying or getting a phone from outside.

Right now an opportunity exists to get some from US. My Bro is there for the next couple of weeks, I had told him to get a Nexus 4, but he says need a Google wallet or something, can some one please explain how our hands could be got onto a Nexus 4 from Google please? and is it worth buying at about $270 (*65)

I have a reliance CDMA account, ( I love the network coverage), I am looking to buy a CDMA phone too (from US, any suggestions please?

TIA

Hello,

I have always bought phones locally and never even considered buying or getting a phone from outside.

Right now an opportunity exists to get some from US. My Bro is there for the next couple of weeks, I had told him to get a Nexus 4, but he says need a Google wallet or something, can some one please explain how our hands could be got onto a Nexus 4 from Google please? and is it worth buying at about $270 (*65)

I have a reliance CDMA account, ( I love the network coverage), I am looking to buy a CDMA phone too (from US, any suggestions please?

TIA

Google Wallet is nothing but a payment gateway and you can use your gmail account and a credit card to make payment.

If you like HTC phones, get Sprint HTC One. Or if you like Nexus, you can get a Sprint Nexus 4 too but for that you may have to buy one from eBay. I am waiting for the LG G2 to launch on Sprint and then will confirm with my Reliance guy if it can work in India and then get that.

Google Wallet is nothing but a payment gateway and you can use your gmail account and a credit card to make payment.

If you like HTC phones, get Sprint HTC One. Or if you like Nexus, you can get a Sprint Nexus 4 too but for that you may have to buy one from eBay. I am waiting for the LG G2 to launch on Sprint and then will confirm with my Reliance guy if it can work in India and then get that.
You do not need a US credit card ? Can I use my Indian account and order to a US address delivery ?

The Sprint phones are CDMA ? Any way of buying new contract free CDMA phones ?

You do not need a US credit card ? Can I use my Indian account and order to a US address delivery ?

The Sprint phones are CDMA ? Any way of buying new contract free CDMA phones ?

From what I remember, people used to buy using their Indian credit cards. I personally haven't bought any stuff from Google Play store myself.
You can buy brand new Sprint phones from eBay for comparable prices. However I would advise asking your Reliance guy(if you have any) which phones will work before taking the plunge. In my experience HTC phones work without any programming and I have been told to stay away from Motorola.

Back