Getting a phone from the US under $300

H2O

Skilled
I'm planning to tell someone I know to carry in a phone from the US. Do not want to spend more than 300$, it should get easily unlocked so that I can use my sim here.

I would prefer a phone which has decent battery life so that it can run a complete day without any problems. I will be using normal edge and wifi for data connectivity as 3G is still too expensive. Also, I'm leaning towards an Android phone. I've heard Samsung Vibrant and Captivate are good options.

Also, is there any brand which would honour international warranty?

Please pour in your opinions. I will be rooting the device and installing the latest CFW(stable), not the nightly builds every day.

For rooting & installing CFW, Captivate & Vibrant are the best. Look for good deals in EBay & start bidding.

Dell Streak can also be considered but its size makes it uncomfortable & not much community support is present ATM.

destiny said:
Go for a Dell streak it's available for $300 in the USA plus u get a factory unlocked from USA itself
That's a bit to big for my liking. A maximum of 4-4.3inches.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

destiny said:
Go for a Dell streak it's available for $300 in the USA plus u get a factory unlocked from USA itself
That's a bit to big for my liking. A maximum of 4-4.3inches.

I think dell streak 5 is the best avaliable option at this price point...

also DJ_Steve(official developer of dell streak/notion ink Adam) is working on a honeycomb port on this.. and already successfuly ported the honeycomb on dell streak 7.

so around June end July mid we can expect the HC on dell streak 5 , if not official then unofficial for sure....:-D

Back