Getting a SONY BRAVIA EX600 from SINGAPORE - Need suggestions plz

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys, recently i fall in love with the sony bravia ex600 32" . In the web i heard it is LED, has WI-FI, ethernet and VFM. Do you support this statement ? In India it costs more than 50k.

So if my father visits singapore during MAY i have decided to get the above. But the only thing which bothers me is i have to wait till May. Yesterday when i came across this series i was much impressed. Initially i had an idea to go for the ex500. But this one is amazing with excellent features coupled with ultra thin construction. The design is also very good when compared to the 400 and 500 series...

My questions are :

1) Is this a good choice and VFM ?(Singapore website states 949$ incl.GST so it comes to 882$ x 33 = 29.1k)

2) Is it better to ask my father to get it from there or ask my relatives to send it by cargo ?. Which will be cheap ?

3) What is the duty to be paid if i adopt either of the above modes ?. Which is safer and cheaper ?. I heard that there is an exemption upto 25k for TVs and 35% duty on the balance amount. Not sure about this. Is there any way to evade full duty if brought from there ?

4) Can any of you suggest a good wholesaler dealer in Singapore who is reliable and sells for a good price ?. I heard that Mustafa centre isnt that cheap.

Thanx in advance guys....

The ex600 i hear is available for 36k in grey. The EX600 is wifi ready it doesn't have built in wifi.
By the month of May you will mostly see the 2011 models launched from all manufactures including Sony.

Well if the tv exceeds the 25k afaik the tax will be 35% of the invoice.

Thanx for your reply mate. Yes, I do know that it is only wifi ready. But will it support N adapter (atleast draft N) ?.

So i think i have to opt for the new ones released in 2011. I hope they will be out with better image processing capabilities.

Even if i bring it from there i have to pay this amount ?. the TV retails for around 45k here (So 45-25=20) and 35% of 20k is 7k. So 29k + 7k = 36k ?

Is it not easy to escape atleast 50% of this duty ?.

Sony only sell a wifi N adaptor in US for these tvs,so i guess a wifi N adaptor works,not sure about DRAFT N.

The 2011 have a new image processing,they will also have newer lcd panels and led modules.
As far as custom duties it the product is bought from abroad and if the tv is priced more then 25k ,it will attract a customs of around 35% on the full amount.

If you talking about Sony india even if their lcd costs 10k they will still be subjected to around 35% custom duties.

how can it be taxed on the full amount mate ?. The tv itself comes around 30k in singapore. So 35% of that value is 10.5k so 30+10.5k = 40.5k. In india it is 45k. If this is the case no one will get it from there. Mate you must be wrong...

Back