PC Peripherals Getting Antec Service

HailStonE

Skilled
OK... I am in a fix.... I purchased an Antec PSU from Delhi in Sept 2005 from S Paul Innovations, The dealer has closed shop... & since I needed to RMA my PSU I contacted the local guy who deals with Antec... He said he can help me send the PSU for replacement & asked me to ship it to Indore to his office (Savex Computers) who are the distributor for Antec in Central India... I shipped the PSU now they are refusing to take the PSU...

Now today he told me they cannot replace it or for that matter take the PSU 'coz it was not purchased from them... I explained them since it was bought from a dealer in India with proper bill they can atleast help me to get it to Antec Service Center through their channels....

Now he is telling me there will not be any replacement but might be a credit note....

What I want to know is is the PSU under warranty should be replaced or a credit note is acceptable.... 'coz I believe it would be good only for another purchase of Antec PSU which I am not interested in.....

arunhalo said:
how many year warranty does they cover ?
i guess the psu does not help at you locater place

Antec has 3 years warranty... I cannot decipher your second sentence.. :ashamed:

@DriftKingNT... Thanx for the no. If theitdepot does not respond then I might contact him.....

Antec warranty is really bad. I have given my PSU for replacement before 2 months. Till now I didn't get the new piece. (thru Delta). Even if I mail to ANTEC Support Guys, they are taking 1 to 2 weeks to reply. (!!!) I don't recommend ANTEC anymore. Go for CORSAIR!!!

ibmmainframes said:
Antec warranty is really bad. I have given my PSU for replacement before 2 months. Till now I didn't get the new piece. (thru Delta). Even if I mail to ANTEC Support Guys, they are taking 1 to 2 weeks to reply. (!!!) I don't recommend ANTEC anymore. Go for CORSAIR!!!
But before plunging for Corsair... anybody used their RMA & think its better than that of Antec.....

Eazy said:
I have a feeling this swap warranty is only for the ram modules. NOT SURE.

I don't believe they have 1:1 swap for PSU but something like a purchase credit much like Antec. But since its relatively new & hardly anybody RMA'ed its hard to tell... Maybe some dealer can put light on this matter....

DriftKingNT said:
Deepak is from Theitdepot.

Does he know you personally... If so I can give your reference.... :)

Anybody know whats the criteria for calculating credit note.... or is it refunded in full... :huh:

racy1 said:
Does he know you personally... If so I can give your reference.... :)

Anybody know whats the criteria for calculating credit note.... or is it refunded in full... :huh:

He knows me. You can give him my reference. My Name is Niraj.

Have you got the credit back? 'Delta' guys are asking me to get a coolermaster 600w SMPS instead of ANTEC TRIO 650? Is it ok?

Very bad Antec service. I will never buy another ANTEC in my lifetime.

S Paul Innovations, is Surmeet Bhatia.. he is cousin of Gulbir Bhatia, Prime ABGB.

Gulbir opened ANTEC venture in Delhi with Surmeet who stays in delhi. May be u can talk to Gulbir for this problem.

mehargags said:
S Paul Innovations, is Surmeet Bhatia.. he is cousin of Gulbir Bhatia, Prime ABGB.

Gulbir opened ANTEC venture in Delhi with Surmeet who stays in delhi. May be u can talk to Gulbir for this problem.

Well I know this... When I was buying the PSU Surmeet told me this...

Anyway after much delay Cyberspace Abacus responded... But with a catch... They told me they would have refunded 80% of the invoice if dealer was there & I had sent the PSU through him... :huh:

So they will only refund 80% of what they billed the seller the PSU to.... :mad: :mad: It came to a measly amount... After much haggling they came upto 70% of my invoice + shipping paid by them & I agreed...

PSU is sent to them & I am awaiting credit in my a/c. Antec policy is not clear but I think credit note is not an answer to this problem...

@ibmmainframes Mate get the corsair VX-550 or HX-620 if you can afford it.... I contacted their service for terms & they said they REPLACE the model if it goes kaput within 5 years provided there is no physical damage....

Also they claim to have 22 Service center under Kobian Electronics.....

For Antec you should call Cyber Space in Chennai & speak with them personally... or may be visit them if you are from Chennai... I think dealers are somewhat to be blamed... 'coz another member had sent for RMA & dealer told him its 40% of the amount that Antec is offering.... This member had much longer warranty left then mine.... It was 2.5 years while I had ~8 months left....

Nice, DELTA has given me time till next Tuesday. I have demanded a Corsair HX-620 instead of the stupid ANTEC 650 TRIO and I will update the status on Tuesday...

ibmmainframes said:
Have you got the credit back? 'Delta' guys are asking me to get a coolermaster 600w SMPS instead of ANTEC TRIO 650? Is it ok?

Very bad Antec service. I will never buy another ANTEC in my lifetime.

A CM600 extreme ( i guess) for an Antrec Trio 650 - what a rip off :rofl:

Has anyone had any real experience in dealing RMAs of Corsairs or any other Tirupati imports? or is everyone wetting their pants by just looking at the pics of a what it could have been ?

TheIndian said:
A CM600 extreme ( i guess) for an Antrec Trio 650 - what a rip off :rofl:

Has anyone had any real experience in dealing RMAs of Corsairs or any other Tirupati imports? or is everyone wetting their pants by just looking at the pics of a what it could have been ?

We all are yet to hit the wall.... Only time will tell but with my communications so far with corsair they are adamant on the swap provided physical abuse is not there....

Corsair people atleast reply. But this stupid ANTEC people, dont even reply to my support tickets.

This is the only reply(after opening lot of tickets), I got from ANTEC ASIA:

Central Asia, Indian Subcontinent Help Desk

I have given my Antec TRIO 650 for warranty service thru DELTA Computers, Chennai on 11-01-2008.

Till now I didn't receive my PSU back.(Its almost 1 1/2 months over)

I request you to provide me a refund/credit note to my account.

I don't need any ANTEC PSU anymore.(Your TRIO 650 is a crop and already killed 3 of my new motherboards(P5N32-E SLI) and 6 OCZ 1066Hz RAMs (I HAVE THE PROOF, IF you want I will submit them).

02-26-2008 09:54 I have passed your ticket to the International Sales department. This ticket will be closed. - Don Macagba

Then I opened a international ticket, till now no reply (already 5 days over)

Back