Mac OS Getting connected with a Triband connection in Leopard

razorsharp

Disciple
Hey all,

This is my first post here. so please merge the topic if it exists elsewhere!

I have the 24" iMac and is almost a year old now. Very recently i got my Triband 512ks UL plan. But very unfortunately, am just not able to get it up and running on the mac. I installed the drivers from the modem cd which came along. No luck at all. Then, i installed my wrt54g linksys router, and its working fine on my Vista lappy. But even when i insert the ethernet cable into the mac, it simply doesnt detect it. How do i get going, its so damn frustrating! I run network diagnostic, but no solution either:(

Please help me out.
Replies shall be highly appreciated:)

Cheers,

Mehul.

When you connect the ethernet cable, do you see no notification about ethernet connection in network preferences?

Do you even have ethernet in your network interfaces list?

If you are trying with a wifi connection, click the "Join Other Network..." (then Show Networks) option in Network Name under Airport interface. This is what I have: http://twitpic.com/37anm

when i plug in any cable, either from the router or directly from the modem it just doesn detect anything. it shows not connected in the network panel. and yes i do get ethernet as an option( its an imac bro!).

it does connect thru wifi, but problem is some pages repeatedly load in html format, which is bugging me no end. M just not able to get thru!

need some real help.

weird..

connect the cable, type
Code:
ifconfig en0
in terminal and check what status it shows, active or inactive..

not sure, but does your imac have multiple eth ports?

do you have a pppoe service set up? try after removing it.

razorsharp said:
it does connect thru wifi, but problem is some pages repeatedly load in html format, which is bugging me no end. M just not able to get thru!

what do you mean? :S :S :no:

:p

Safari loads the pages in html format and not with full graphics which the pages are having! And still, whenever i run software update, it skips and says the network is givin a problem even when i finish running network diagnostics upon its request. Very strange errors these. Can anyone help me out with this properly???

Back