Ghost in the machine Redux with a CM 590..!!!

mav2000

Skilled
Well have just bought a new case a CM 590, and worked on it for the last 4 hours to get the stuff out of the old and into the new cabinet. So this is what 4-5 hours of work left me with. Your comments are expected.

img2176s.jpg

img2177e.jpg

img2179bjm.jpg

img2183k.jpg

Things to be done:

1. Side panel acrylic
2. one more fan is required on the side panel to cool NB and SB
and thats it....cheers.

Are those data cables - The blue and red ones ? Do they come like that or did you do that ? SATA cables with sharp bends and spins are very bad for safety of data.

congratz dude atlast you got it :D nice buy

OT : is it not possible for you to position cpu cooler in such way that its fan blows air outside from behind instead sucking hot from below ?

Thanks guys, I got a lot of inspiration from some of the members here and on another forum and I love my cabby to look clean anyways.

@ freaky,...yup thats my work...no there will not be a problem in the sata cables as the turns(for want of a better word) are not soo tight, they are pretty flexible and have done this before without any hassle.

@wind...the vendetta 2 can only be fixed this way, there is no other way to fix it on an AM2/AM2+/AM3 board....

Congrats :D. Nice cabinet except for the reset button :p.

Freaky said:
Are those data cables - The blue and red ones ? Do they come like that or did you do that ? SATA cables with sharp bends and spins are very bad for safety of data.

i read somewhere that the issue is solved with the sata 2 cables , not sure. I won't take a chance though :lol:

mav2000 said:
2. one more fan is required on the side panel to cool NB and SB

Careful when you decide the hole for the fan on the acrylic panel. The Vendetta 2 could quite easily block the fan if not positioned wisely. ;)

Nice work with the cable management. :thumb:

@Saiyan: Whats with the SATA 1 & SATA 2 cables? :S

Thanks Saiyan and Gannu....I guess Sata 2 cables are a little more tough...but thanks guys.

@ gannu...don't know when I would actually do the side panel mod as I am completely going off the upgrade bit for a while now...its been an overdose with 2 proccys, 2 mobos, 1 set of ram, 2 cabbys, 1 hdd...basically everything and some of it twice... and my wifes complaining...so got to stop for a while atleast....lol

mav2000 said:
Thanks Saiyan and Gannu....I guess Sata 2 cables are a little more tough...but thanks guys.

@ gannu...don't know when I would actually do the side panel mod as I am completely going off the upgrade bit for a while now...its been an overdose with 2 proccys, 2 mobos, 1 set of ram, 2 cabbys, 1 hdd...basically everything and some of it twice... and my wifes complaining...so got to stop for a while atleast....lol

Lol you're married!? :O Thought you were a kid hehe my bad. :p

Bachelor life ftw! :eek:hyeah:

EDIT: All those posts concerning cable management and stuff. . Heh pl excuse. . :p

Thats a lot of bling :drool2: Congrats on the setup.. Pretty awkward airflow though [courtsey Vendatta 2] :p

Congrats on a great cabby :D Awesome cable management..

mav2000 said:
Those were the days my friend.......why would you think I was a kid????

Maybe coz you are spending too much time on TE :lol: j/k :p

One thing i really like about this cabinet is that it cools the hdd really well compared to the CM 690, actually far better than cm 690 :p. The front panel has a better quality finish when compared to the crap plastic of CM 690 and there is no unwanted holes in the top to collect the dust. Damn i should have bought the 590 :lol:

thanks guys, well the reason I am on TE a lot is that I am between jobs and only start later this month, then there will be less of me around here. The cabby cost mw 3.8k and truthfully, my setup was 2-3 deg cooler in my old cabby. Guess I need one side fan.

^^I shall be in the same boat later this month - though only for a weekend. That is a very neatly managed cabinet. This is something I'll never manage to do :p.

Saiyan said:
Maybe coz you are spending too much time on TE :lol: j/k :p

One thing i really like about this cabinet is that it cools the hdd really well compared to the CM 690, actually far better than cm 690 :p. The front panel has a better quality finish when compared to the crap plastic of CM 690 and there is no unwanted holes in the top to collect the dust. Damn i should have bought the 590 :lol:
@ Saiyan...I was looking for an ANtec 300 or a CM 590 as the CM 690 as my third choice. I realised Antec didnt care, so that went out of the window. Now between the 2 CM's honestly the CM 590 is the better bet. I like it because there seems to be better potential for good airflow and also no breakable plastic anywhere on the case. A lot of the case ods of the cm 690 concentrate on removing the honeycomb grill as it suposedly restricts airflow. Now if thats the case why pay for it. Secondly, I thought the plastic bits were a bit too fussy, in terms of styling and quality. But thats my take on it. I would whole heartedly recommend the 590, and trust me the front brushed aluminium look is awesome...

Edit: Ok went out and got one more 69 CFM fan from CM and installed in the side panel, temps have come down by 3-4 degs on NB and SB and about 2 degs on the CPU.

Thanks man...took sometime to get it all in place. BTW was unable to take the mobo 24 pin back and then to the mobo without it looking a bit wierd. So though routing it with the help of the cable management holes was a better idea.

Back