Gigabyte Feedback

FreakyChokra

Disciple
Gigabyte is a bomb. Do some research on youtube I don't wanna start a controversy here.
Antec offers less warranty and some units have tripping issues on high transient load but your choice.

The one from Deepcool is a newer variant of a "Tier A" PSU but now in "Tier B" because it doesn't handle below 100V AC input which is absolutely not a concern in India as we have 220-250V AC here.

I draw my conclusions from here and other review websites when I did my research.
Yeah, well, I couldn't agree more with him. Especially on the Gigabyte aka, GigaTatti / Gigashit brand.
If I could, I would have shared my fb ID and U guys would have live audience experience on how much fight we're giving this notorious brand.

It's literally looting Indian customers and our money into its shitty country. The worst brand ever.

In fact, we recently got a call, from the Country head division Mr. Somebody, saying what do You want? If u want money or free products we'll give U.
But please stop posting all issues on social media.

This is enough to illustrate their desperation.

Period. Everybody have a good day.
Regards.

Yeah, well, I couldn't agree more with him. Especially on the Gigabyte aka, GigaTatti / Gigashit brand.

Frankly, I don't have a great opinion about the brand and I am far from being a fanboy, rather I was impressed by Asrocks's offerings and did get a B450 Pro4 which had some flaws and is at service centre for last 1 month waiting to be rmad.

Unintentionally though, I have ended up getting b550 Aorus Pro, Gen4 Aorus nvme, Gen3 Giga nvme because these products seemed to be most vfm at that time.

Actually, I initially wanted to get an MSI Edge wifi Mobo but due to lesser USB ports and cheaper price went with Aorus Pro.

Kindly share what products (apart from the PSU of course which is well documented by GN) are you facing issues with so that members here can take precaution and look for alternatives in those segments.

If I could, I would have shared my fb ID and U guys would have live audience experience on how much fight we're giving this notorious brand.

It's literally looting Indian customers and our money into its shitty country. The worst brand ever.

In fact, we recently got a call, from the Country head division Mr. Somebody, saying what do You want? If u want money or free products we'll give U.
But please stop posting all issues on social media.

This is enough to illustrate their desperation.

Period. Everybody have a good day.
Regards.
I was looking to switch to gigabyte B550 aorus master board but after reading all these kind of reviews and comments over whole internet, I'm scared.
I never purchased any gigabyte product before, now I think it's a bad idea to go for gigabyte, not only Mobo people complaining and criticizing the brand for other reasons also.

Hot discussion going on for psu deal, 'm also selling a Corsair RM850 PSU by CWT, if someone is interested it's also like a deal as item is just 20-25 days old.

My experience with Gigabyte Mobo and GPU RMA have been positive. Gigabyte Service Center near lamington road, Mumbai is wonderful. But my experiences are pre-covid and the quality of service is generally better in Mumbai for most brands.

Funny - I have two gigabyte boards - a B550 Aorus Pro and a Z390 Aorus master. Both are fabulous boards which I've had zero trouble with.

@FreakyChokra : What GB products did you have trouble with?

I was looking to switch to gigabyte B550 aorus master board but after reading all these kind of reviews and comments over whole internet, I'm scared.
I never purchased any gigabyte product before, now I think it's a bad idea to go for gigabyte, not only Mobo people complaining and criticizing the brand for other reasons also.

Hot discussion going on for psu deal, 'm also selling a Corsair RM850 PSU by CWT, if someone is interested it's also like a deal as item is just 20-25 days old.
Not my personal exp. but reviews around and exp. by few friends since decades have made my hate grew only stronger against gigabyte. Read gigabyte b450 reviews how bad there mobos were then.
Msi again I'm sceptic to recommend.

Though not a fanboy of any brand but will always vouch for Asus even though my last 2 mobos lasted only 4yrs and current one going strong since 9yrs touchwood or hood! Being an avid fan of argb/rgb thing Asus is unbeatable.

Also, willing to try hands on Asrock mobos as well, comparatively vfm but great features and zero issues.
Cant comment if the replacement took so long due to gpu shortages or what. Someone in similar biz told me that every brand has sufficient stocks to handle RMAs but some even sell from those stocks as well.

Last edited:
Funny - I have two gigabyte boards - a B550 Aorus Pro and a Z390 Aorus master. Both are fabulous boards which I've had zero trouble with.

@FreakyChokra : What GB products did you have trouble with?
See, currently, I have an 8700k,got off a friend in a huge combo deal.
He gave me Z390 Aorus.

I'm from Mumbai. Shifted to a different city, say 9.5 years back.
All throughout, the services & quality of products from GB/GT is worst.

As many of you might say, me owning a Aorus mobo.
I had no choice. Moat Asus mobos are out of stock. Decent boarda aren't available since a long time.
Even If I did ask my Lamington Road dealers of 16 years to arrange for one. Nada. Zilch.
So, forces to use GT crap.

I can point U to a whole fb group of 8.5k people plus many many other groups with many common people facing issues with product or after sales warranty services.

Lemme just illustrate one incident =
The western region sales manager misbehaved with me, and asked the staff to either not allow kinds of me into the office or throw customers out.
Now, without the whole story. It wud seem I can be the culprit. But, I had just inquired about a friends pair of Gigabyte 2080ti 2x unita USA origin, If U can help check the problem, or if it can't be fixed in eternity.

Simple query. Bastardly attitude. Not to mention that, they are very smartly denying warranty for any mobo, gpu or even ssds etc by = rusting. F&$%/

That's why I wrote = looting Indian customers.

Can ask for more details = PM me. I'll do whatever I can.

You're better off choosing other brands, from what I've read and heard it's not worth buying gigabyte in India. I sold my gigabyte GPU after reading all the stories. The card was bad with many issues but after hearing about gigabyte service I finalized to sell it. Other brands aren't that great either, have been hearing bad reviews about asus recently too.

Anecdotal data point - I had a Gigabyte motherboard which had no issues from the day I bought it in 2013 till today.
Have a B550 Pro V2 board in my current build which has not given me any trouble so far.

You're better off choosing other brands, from what I've read and heard it's not worth buying gigabyte in India. I sold my gigabyte GPU after reading all the stories. The card was bad with many issues but after hearing about gigabyte service I finalized to sell it. Other brands aren't that great either, have been hearing bad reviews about asus recently too.
Off recently, I've been hearing complaints against 2 prime brands - Asus & Corsair.

From. What I really have experienced since the Crypto boom of 2018,

People just use these brands products - primarily GPUs & PSUs and then simply RMA it for no good reasons, to sell them off when winding up mining or upgrading their rigs.

These 2 prime companies have an almost no questions asked policy and they simply replace your products with a brand ne one.

I have a Hx1000i PSU which, blew due to cross-wired shorting during rains. Thr Svc centre simply took in & I got a brand new piece within 7 days.

Just quoting this experience, to highlight why these 2 brands are now having hard time in RMA.
Adding to which, manpower, product materials shortage due to Covid19 scenario since Feb 2020.

Regards.

My personal experience with Gigabyte have been great, never faced a single issue with there mobos or GPU (currently using B550 mobo + 1060 3gb without any issues)

These 2 prime companies have an almost no questions asked policy
Corsair, yes. ASUS, no.

I had to help a cousin RMA an ASUS motherboard pre COVID and the experience was anything but pleasant, repeated visits to the service center - always being asked to come back the next week. Also, ASUS's products are usually over priced.

Yeh. I've had issues with 2 Asus boards and 2 laptops. but Gigabyte MoBo's been ok so far. It all depends on your luck man.
A bit of luck is involved too. I'm too not a fan of any brand but usually I buy Asus, a kind of trust build up over past 15 years and I feel confident buying Asus Mobos and routers.
Same is the issue with storage brands like WD, seagate or toshiba etc.
My each and every Seagate HDD failed within warranty (from 2001-2006). Then I switched to WD and never turned back, Within past 15 years out of about 12-14 only 1 WD 2tb passport failed after 3 yrs of warranty.

I agree with JMP, my only RMA experience with Asus was pleasant too. yes ASUS products are slightly overpriced than competitors.
I got a month old Asus B550 strix wifi and only reason I was interested in B550 Aorus Master is for better vrms and 3xm.2 slots.
Though this idea is dropped, should I take the risk ?
when everyone is disappointed with Gigabyte for various reasons I think it's good not to go against the stream.
Though not a fanboy of any brand but will always vouch for Asus even though my last 2 mobos lasted only 4yrs and current one going strong since 9yrs touchwood or hood! Being an avid fan of argb/rgb thing Asus is unbeatable.
Same here, Asus mobos served well, Even after 7-8 yrs of use, sold and donated in working condition. Only 1 mobo I faced issue with, which is still not dead. Sold and It's with freakychokra for further troubleshooting or repair.

Last edited:
A bit of luck is involved too. I'm too not a fan of any brand but usually I buy Asus, a kind of trust build up over past 15 years and I feel confident buying Asus Mobos and routers.
Same is the issue with storage brands like WD, seagate or toshiba etc.
My each and every Seagate HDD failed within warranty (from 2001-2006). Then I switched to WD and never turned back, Within past 15 years out of about 12-14 only 1 WD 2tb passport failed after 3 yrs of warranty.

I agree with JMP, my only RMA experience with Asus was pleasant too. yes ASUS products are slightly overpriced than competitors.
I got a month old Asus B550 strix wifi and only reason I was interested in B550 Aorus Master is for better vrms and 3xm.2 slots.
Though this idea is dropped, should I take the risk ?
when everyone is disappointed with Gigabyte for various reasons I think it's good not to go against the stream.

Same here, Asus mobos served well, Even after 7-8 yrs of use, sold and donated in working condition. Only 1 mobo I faced issue with, which is still not dead. Sold and It's with freakychokra for further troubleshooting or repair.

Totally boss. A lot of luck. A lot of just random odds. My first AMD based system was a Sempron along with a A Foxconn board, good lord the amount of issues it gave me. Also multiple Seagate failures. So far a Gigabyte board hasn't failed me while an Asus one has and miserably. It's almost as if, if you need to RMA just pray it gets sorted. And my Sample size is quite small since I've owned maybe 5 motherboards (personally) in my lifetime.

Anything that has multiple components that can be fixed always have some issues or the other, Motherboards/Graphics cards.

Off recently, I've been hearing complaints against 2 prime brands - Asus & Corsair.

From. What I really have experienced since the Crypto boom of 2018,

People just use these brands products - primarily GPUs & PSUs and then simply RMA it for no good reasons, to sell them off when winding up mining or upgrading their rigs.

These 2 prime companies have an almost no questions asked policy and they simply replace your products with a brand ne one.

I have a Hx1000i PSU which, blew due to cross-wired shorting during rains. Thr Svc centre simply took in & I got a brand new piece within 7 days.

Just quoting this experience, to highlight why these 2 brands are now having hard time in RMA.
Adding to which, manpower, product materials shortage due to Covid19 scenario since Feb 2020.

Regards.
Personally I've no RMA experience from any brands except for my razer mouse so I can only say from what I've read. Here's one bad experience from Asus RMA

Capture+_2021-07-29-20-31-38_(1)_(1).png

100% sure now , not buying Gigabyte Mobo.
How about MSI ? for a motherboard. Thought of asking you guys before pulling the trigger.

Anecdotal data point - I had a Gigabyte motherboard which had no issues from the day I bought it in 2013 till today.
Have a B550 Pro V2 board in my current build which has not given me any trouble so far.
As for B550, they have came back strongly after terrific boooeing for their b450 failure.

100% sure now , not buying Gigabyte Mobo.
How about MSI ? for a motherboard. Thought of asking you guys before pulling the trigger.
Have been using a MSI B450M Mortar (non-Max) with my 3600XT, absolutely flawless and can easily overclock my 3000Mhz memory to 3600 Mhz (altho have kept it at 3333 to keep timings tight). A fried is using B550 A Pro with his 3060Ti build, he has no complaints either.

Have been using a MSI B450M Mortar (non-Max) with my 3600XT, absolutely flawless and can easily overclock my 3000Mhz memory to 3600 Mhz (altho have kept it at 3333 to keep timings tight). A fried is using B550 A Pro with his 3060Ti build, he has no complaints either.
I'm glad your system is running flawlessly. MSI is doing good, feelin pity for Gigabyte.
A couple of guys criticized MSI customer support, is it really poor.

Back