Giving away my desk for free..

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
Hi Guys, bought a new desk for myself. My old one needs to be sold/go away. I'm getting very low offers on olx so thought I'd give it away to one from our community for free. The catch is, you pay for tempo/transport and take it away after my new desk arrives. Thane/Mumbai folks preferred.

The desk is a glass top computer desk with dedicated router rack. It has a full metal frame that has an anodized coat to keep it rust free.
Dimensions: 3.5 Feet long * 2 feet Wide. 30 inches Height.
Router Rack Dimensions: 1 foot long* 9 inches wide. It is about 9 inches above the desk top. Pics upon DM.

DM if you're interested.

I would be interested in details about your new desk. Did you purchase it online? If so then please share the link. If you got it made custom then please share the pics and dimensions.

Adding pics of old desk here.
IMG_20210618_182809.jpg
IMG_20210622_191849.jpg

I would be interested in details about your new desk. Did you purchase it online? If so then please share the link. If you got it made custom then please share the pics and dimensions.
Yes it is custom. Local furniture guy is making it. It suits the color of my bed and wardrobe. Also dimensions are 5*2 Feet with Ikea style pull out drawers. Once the desk comes, I'll post update photos.
Update: Spoke with @sanjeevram who is interested in the desk. Unless he says no later, it is going to him. Thanks!
Hi Guys, bought a new desk for myself. My old one needs to be sold/go away. I'm getting very low offers on olx so thought I'd give it away to one from our community for free. The catch is, you pay for tempo/transport and take it away after my new desk arrives. Thane/Mumbai folks preferred.

The desk is a glass top computer desk with dedicated router rack. It has a full metal frame that has an anodized coat to keep it rust free.
Dimensions: 3.5 Feet long * 2 feet Wide. 30 inches Height.
Router Rack Dimensions: 1 foot long* 9 inches wide. It is about 9 inches above the desk top. Pics upon DM.

DM if you're interested.
Update: Spoke with @sanjeevram who is interested in the desk. Unless he says no later, it is going to him. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes it is custom. Local furniture guy is making it. It suits the color of my bed and wardrobe. Also dimensions are 5*2 Feet with Ikea style pull out drawers
Just wondering about the material used and the total cost. Won't be able to figure out much until you post the pictures but still.

Just wondering about the material used and the total cost. Won't be able to figure out much until you post the pictures but still.
The new desk :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_160052~2.jpg
    IMG_20210706_160052~2.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 125
I'm looking to get exactly same desk with the drawers on the left, btw is the drawer under desk retractable?
Also how much did it cost to get it built?
The drawers are retractable, removable even because things are put into place with screws. Designed it myself and gave it to local carpenter factory. He owns a factory and hence rates are very cheap!!

Avoided handles to reduce cost, designed Ikea style handles (obviously "inspired"). The material is a mix of regular plywood for base and Indian engineered wood (not to be confused with Malaysian engineered wood which is weaker) for drawers and non weight bearing back side. The total cost would be around Rs. 8k.

The drawers are retractable, removable even because things are put into place with screws. Designed it myself and gave it to local carpenter factory. He owns a factory and hence rates are very cheap!!

Avoided handles to reduce cost, designed Ikea style handles (obviously "inspired"). The material is a mix of regular plywood for base and Indian engineered wood (not to be confused with Malaysian engineered wood which is weaker) for drawers and non weight bearing back side. The total cost would be around Rs. 8k.
Thanks man for the info, PMed you for more info.

The new desk :D
Sorry for OT, but can you give a short feedback on your cabinet - MSI mag forge 100m/r?

I am comparing this with Fara R1, Cougar MX410. Need a mesh cabinet with atleast 2 usb3.0 front ports. Had bought an R1 and temps were okayish but had to return due to one usb3.0 not working and some QC issues.

Sorry for OT, but can you give a short feedback on your cabinet - MSI mag forge 100m/r?

I am comparing this with Fara R1, Cougar MX410. Need a mesh cabinet with atleast 2 usb3.0 front ports. Had bought an R1 and temps were okayish but had to return due to one usb3.0 not working and some QC issues.
It's a brilliant case! I have the 100R, which comes with the ARGB fans. 100M comes with regular RGB fans (non-programmable). The rest of the case is same.

I have had 0 issues with the case. It has 2 3.0 up front, audio jacks, RGB switch, Power on/off. It comes with 2*120mm ARGB fans ahead and 1*120mm non-RGB fan behind for exhaust. It has full front mesh, full top mesh with dust cover. It's excellent for ventilation. Posting some photos for close up.

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_125854.jpg
    IMG_20210708_125854.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210708_125902.jpg
    IMG_20210708_125902.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210708_125908.jpg
    IMG_20210708_125908.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20210708_125926.jpg
    IMG_20210708_125926.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 83
@bigquads I compared your desk rates to the rates charged by my local carpenters and I wanna cry! Daylight robbery! That desk will cost no less than 10k and that too only for MDF.
Btw what kind of glass is that on the old desk? I know it's those hard seemingly "unbreakable" ones. What is it called exactly?
@sanjeevram what do you use so many PC's for? Hosting pr0n sites?

@bigquads I compared your desk rates to the rates charged by my local carpenters and I wanna cry! Daylight robbery! That desk will cost no less than 10k and that too only for MDF.
Btw what kind of glass is that on the old desk? I know it's those hard seemingly "unbreakable" ones. What is it called exactly?
@sanjeevram what do you use so many PC's for? Hosting pr0n sites?
So I did bargain and irritate the guy a lot! 10K for MDF is so expensive! Where do you stay? My rates are from Thane, Maharashtra.

I'm not sure what that glass is called but yes, very sturdy!! I've hit the table once or twice in csgo frustration and yet it has kept up great! I got it from hometown during sale many years ago, paid 3.5k back then IIRC..

I broadcast this show live, The stage is created by the event agency.
The Emcee are live through green screen shoot
Use the laptops to capture individual members of the audience

Back