PC Peripherals Glaciatech 120mm Fan problem

clown_abhi

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Since last few days my mobos temperatures were reaching 40 on 24x7 running. It rarely crossed 35 earlier. Also proc temp was on a rise...

So just checked the exhaust and noticed that the exhaust fan was blowing too less air. So opened the cabby and changed from 3 pin to molex and vice-versa but still found that the original >2000 rpm fan was running at 600 rpm.

Can i oil the fan or something or the fan is dead?

It used to be a 89 cfm fan and was quite good for exhaust earlier.
Please advise...

Also, since this was the exhaust fan, i think the temperature rise is because of this...Ain't it?

Since its an exhaust, it has the tendency to attract dirt , or threads is any may have gone into the cabinet, and jaming the coils.

Check if you can clean the coils of the fan or see any dirt .

I too feel its exhaust problem.

Amigo wont be really good for exhaust .it does not push in a lot of air ..

Try to clean and oil the fan ..if it still doesnt work get a Delta or CM 90cfm LED from mediahome for 500/450 bucks. :)

Earlier fan used to slow down slowly when power is switched off to the comp but now it just stops immediately when the power is switched off.
So, i thought might be the oil is gone and hence the fan is not rotating smoothly.

I'll check for dirt in the grooves etc and see if i can clean those and then if it runs fine...Will let u guys know...:)

Fan Configuration is as below:

1x 120mm CM 70cfm intake fan
1x 120mm Glaciatech 89cfm(but it now running like 30 cfm or something :p )
1x Sunbeamtech 120mm 90cfm fan over my CCF
1x 80mm side intake fan over the graphics card
2x silent 80mm fans blowing over each of the HDD.

I think fans are sufficient to keep the system cool except that the exhaust is not working as it should.

BTW, ordered a CM 90cfm Green one from mediahome already for the exhaust...:)

^^ nice call

just bought two of those today ...red ones..

running at arnd 1900 rpm..and they do push a lot of air compared to the stock ones on my cm 690....which run at 1300 rpm.

just one con...the led lights are not tht bright as i wxpected them to be...mebbe cuz of the dark fins..

also mobo temps down from 43 to 35 stright...i use one as exhasust and the other one as intake on my side panel blowin over my gpu....and put the 2 stock fans on top..as exhaust..

Thanks Eazy, but i read this article a few days back. :p

But what about fans with bearings on both sides. This is of no use in those fans...Ain't it?:huh:

Back