None
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Not using it
FS: Mini Travel router with outstanding features
Item URL
Manufacturer URL
  • Excellent privacy support. Can connect to wiregaurd/openvpn/tor server, no need to connect VPN from individual device.
  • Can host its own VPN server so you can connect external devices from anywhere over your home internet for secure browsing .
  • Can be used to load balance 2 WAN connections ( using mwan3 package). Optionally you can connect usb to ethernet adapter for a third rj45 network port.
  • use as mesh satellite (since openwrt supports 802.11r fast roaming protocol).
  • You can also configure adblock on this router making your internet safe and ad-free without need of any software on devices
  • Use as print server to convert non-wifi printer to wifi printer
  • Use as Download device (torrent or http) by connecting external hard-drive/pen drive via USB. Power consumption is less than a mobile (it runs on std microusb charger 5v/1a)
  • Normally openwrt device may not be very stable since firmware is maintained by community. But however, here the manufacturer is providing the openwrt firmware only, so it is exceptionally stable. Can be run for months without requiring any reboots or any memory leaks/degradation of performance, etc

Features:

• Pre-installed OPENWRT Firmware
  • Qualcomm QCA9531 650Mhz CPU
  • 16M Nor flash, 128MB nand flash, 128MB Ram. Space is not limited any more. This makes it a small portable PC which you can bring with you.
  • PCIe Interface reserved. 5G 802.11ac addon module is under developing
  • Dual Ethernet port, one LAN and one WAN. 1x USB port
  • Can be used as repeater (WISP) or repeater bridge (WDS)
  • Designed for OpenWrt, using one of the best OpenWrt supported chips
  • I2C Interface reserved, making it possible for various IoT applcations
  • Configurable Reset button and ON/OFF switch
  • OpenVpn client is pre-installed, support tens of public OpenVPN services
  • With 2dBi Antenna
It is around 2 years old, bought from US but hardly used since I could not find much time to play with it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I suppose this is model technically is the GL-AR300M-Ext, the one with the external antennae. The manufacturer page is here -
I have the Slate and these work great as a travel router.

I suppose this is model technically is the GL-AR300M-Ext, the one with the external antennae. The manufacturer page is here -
I have the Slate and these work great as a travel router.
Yes, that's correct. Thanks updated the post.

Back