Gmail account locked !!!

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
i am unable to log into my gmail since morning..

it says
Google couldn't verify that this account belongs to you.
Try again later or use Account Recovery for help.

recovery thing is not working .. it asking for email password again and again.
Later says sorry this device is not recognise so you cant login form here :(
in fact in using same browser, same machine & same IP as i had logged it last yesterday night.

i have a recovery email address set & just received 2 email since morning in that, that says
Sign-in attempt was blocked
my_gmail_id@gmail.com
Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened.

really don't know what to do now.. how to get my account back..
any suggestion ?

i am unable to log into my gmail since morning..

it says

recovery thing is not working .. it asking for email password again and again.
Later says sorry this device is not recognise so you cant login form here :(
in fact in using same browser, same machine & same IP as i had logged it last yesterday night.

i have a recovery email address set & just received 2 email since morning in that, that says
Sign-in attempt was blocked
my_gmail_id@gmail.com
Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened.

really don't know what to do now.. how to get my account back..
any suggestion ?
If you have a recovery email then can't you just select 'Forgot Password' option and change the password?

If you have a recovery email then can't you just select 'Forgot Password' option and change the password?
nope not helping, its not even asking for recovery email....
it says
Code:
"Enter the last password that you remember using with this Google Account".
when i enter password it saying:
Code:
You're trying to sign in on a device that Google doesn't recognise,
and we don't have enough information to verify that it's you.
For your protection, you can't sign in here at the moment.
Try again later or sign in from a different device.
tried all various devices/browser .. nothing working.

In case you haven't seen these already:

unfortunately .. did everything.... nothing helped.. just i'm going in circles :(

most of my important stuffs are still in this account .. most importantly adhar details.. looks like i'm doomed.

nope not helping, its not even asking for recovery email....
it says
Code:
"Enter the last password that you remember using with this Google Account".
when i enter password it saying:
Code:
You're trying to sign in on a device that Google doesn't recognise,
and we don't have enough information to verify that it's you.
For your protection, you can't sign in here at the moment.
tried all various devices/browser .. nothing working.

Sorry I don't understand. I just opened gmail, and when I clicked on forgot password, it asked me for last password BUT there was 'try another way' option on bottom left side too.

Is it not showing that?

Sorry I don't understand. I just opened gmail, and when I clicked on forgot password, it asked me for last password BUT there was 'try another way' option on bottom left side too.

Is it not showing that?
yes it showing, as i said. but the moment i click that it asking - Enter the last password that you remember using with this Google Account
when i entered the last password, its again looping that BS
You're trying to sign in on a device that Google doesn't recognise, and we don't have enough information to verify that it's you. For your protection, you can't sign in here at the moment.
and no more option form here on. rather then clear cookies and try again.

Also in some recovery option it says
To help keep your account secure, Google needs to confirm that this account belongs to you.
To recover your account, try again to sign in:
  • Answer as many questions as you can
  • Use a device where you’ve signed in before
  • Choose a familiar Wi-Fi network, such as at home or work

but im not being asked any question. it once asked for my name, while clicking recovery after email. even it says my name is incorrect

This is scary. I do backup my gdrive completely whenever I remember but looking at this, I feel I may have to put a schedule for the same in case something like this happens.

OP, I am not sure if there is a way to contact Google (actual person) who can help you in this regard.

Can you try steps mentioned here? Means start from recovering your username.

sure. let me try and report back here. thank a lot in advance fro the suggestion and help.
username recovery - step -1 asking fro recovery email, then "Enter the name on your Google Account" - when entered "There’s no Google Account with the info that you provided."
:(

will give that page a details read and try various option and report back later.
This is scary. I do backup my gdrive completely whenever I remember but looking at this, I feel I may have to put a schedule for the same in case something like this happens.

OP, I am not sure if there is a way to contact Google (actual person) who can help you in this regard.
way to contact google... i dont think so, its only their forum.. which is worst and all canned responses and even deny the actual problem. .

You don't have 2FA enabled?

Are you logged into your phone? Nowadays when you try to log in Google even gives you a prompt on your device for a tap to log in.

faaaking google...

sent them three requests via this form (https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2), with all new details every time and they sent this canned email 3 times.
Hello Google user,
Thank you for contacting us about being unable to access your Google account. We've looked into your account and confirmed that it is still active, so you should be able to log in normally.
Please try logging again. If you can’t remember your password use this form and select “I don’t know my password”. If you can't remember your username, but still have access to the email address you used to create your account, you can regain access to your account by selecting "I don't know my username."
If you are having other problems signing in, please go to this form to troubleshoot your issue.
Best,
The Google Accounts Team

You received this message because someone provided this as the contact email address for an appeal. If you did not submit an appeal, you may disregard this message.
© 2015 Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
its all endless bullshit loop

signature with @2015 ... they got to be kidding me !!
im sure this is some tech glitch form their end.
You don't have 2FA enabled?

Are you logged into your phone? Nowadays when you try to log in Google even gives you a prompt on your device for a tap to log in.
nope 2fa not enabled... i wonder what would happen even if its enabled.. i will get this same bullshit message. its not even referring to the recovery email i have.. just ask me one the recovery email and send password reset option to that .. would have solved my life. But no this is bloody google.. their new business model is political propaganda & manipulating human behaviours and not technology.

ON phone- yesterday for once it asked me to tap "37" in my phone.. and it given me same error. Soon after. i'm getting same error in phone -- basically i'm logged out of my account from everywhere.

in nutshell the error message is

Google couldn't verify that this account belongs to you.
&
You're trying to sign in on a device that Google doesn't recognise, and we don't have enough information to verify that it's you. For your protection, you can't sign in here at the moment.

Last edited:
I checked on reddit and looks like you're at Google's mercy.

If you can't remember your username, but still have access to the email address you used to create your account, you can regain access to your account by selecting "I don't know my username."

Jesus that hasn't been an option for few years, now it says 'Forgot email?'

Best bet would be to login from a known device like your regular device or something. Ensure vpn etc is off.
Try to config the a/c on another phone and see during forget pw what option it gives there.

This had happened to my wife's account and Google locked us out. I don't remember how we got it back exactly but required almost 2 full days. I had used you tube video instructions to finally get it back. It is pretty common it seems lots of articles and videos on the web. This was a year back. Let me check if I can find it
Edit- ps -we had used her office computer where she was still logged in to recover the account. Hope you are logged into atleast one device with the said account

nope 2fa not enabled... i wonder what would happen even if its enabled.. i will get this same bullshit message. its not even referring to the recovery email i have.. just ask me one the recovery email and send password reset option to that .. would have solved my life. But no this is bloody google.. their new business model is political propaganda & manipulating human behaviours and not technology.

There is no need to wonder. 2FA and backup codes mean that no one will never be locked out of their account. Ever.

And, there is no point in abusing google. There have been so many articles on alerting users to activate 2FA for a very long time in regular media.

This had happened to my wife's account and Google locked us out. I don't remember how we got it back exactly but required almost 2 full days. I had used you tube video instructions to finally get it back. It is pretty common it seems lots of articles and videos on the web. This was a year back. Let me check if I can find it
Edit- ps -we had used her office computer where she was still logged in to recover the account. Hope you are logged into atleast one device with the said account
Care to share the yt video?

Care to share the yt video?
I used this video, it's in hindi but was a really good guide, nothing was working for us but luckily my wife was logged into her google account on Chrome on her office computer. We used this computer to change password as per the above video. It was a lot of trouble for two days, this was our last shot at it and it luckily worked. Hope it helps you too

Back