GMail Introduces Color Themes

31 New color themes to choose from in GMail.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:21 PM
Posted by Annie Chen, Gmail engineer

Gmail fans have been building unofficial extensions to spice up their inboxes for a while, but up til now themes haven't been an integral part of Gmail. We wanted to go beyond simple color customization, so out of the 30 odd themes we're launching today, there's a shiny theme with chrome styling, another one that turns your inbox into a retro notepad, nature themes that change scenery over time, weather driven themes that can rain on your mailbox, and fun characters to keep you in good company.

Read More

This just got activated in one of my accounts this morning. Although not a very wide variety of colors to choose from, but a few of them are good ;).

As they say, something is better than nothing ;)

:chair: u try to hide ur email but i came to know ur email id from the uploaded images...

its
Code:
xterminate@gmail.com
:chair: :happy: :lol: :cheers:

G@d of w@r said:
:chair: u try to hide ur email but i came to know ur email id from the uploaded images...

its
Code:
xterminate@gmail.com
:chair: :happy: :lol: :cheers:

You could have asked me for my email id or peeked at my profile if you wanted it. Its not my private ID. Kindly stick to the thread topic and its definitely not my email id :eek:hyeah:

XTerminator said:
You could have asked me for my email id or peeked at my profile if you wanted it. Its not my private ID. Kindly stick to the thread topic and its definitely not my email id :eek:hyeah:

Yup. the Google color themes are amazing...

I was just pointing out that if ur hiding ur email at one side, ur email can be seen on the other side... so its of no use hiding email if it can be seen on the otherside :hap2: :S

Looks awesome . Now today I noticed that MS has now remove that pesky message available only for Linux users,, :p Upgrade your browser :p

though Gmail is so great I haven't looked back after switching to it :p Surprisingly its still Beta :bleh:

its strange, some sort of theme has been applied to my gmail page, but there is no option for themes in the settings page.

Back