God Of War: Origins Collection - Discussion Thread

Date:- 9.03.11

Platform:- Sony PS3

Blu Ray Include Games:-

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

In high-definition and on one Blu-ray disc for the first time.

Marc Turndorf @ Ready At Dawn Studios:-

We are extremely pleased to bring our two God of War titles:– God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta

to PS3 with the God of War: Origins Collection! The move to HD has allowed us to show off the visual fidelity that these games offer in a whole new way. Both titles went through an in-depth re-mastering process to make them shine like never before. One of the features we’re truly excited about is the addition of stereoscopic 3D. Both games look truly awesome with this functionality and the amount of depth in the scenes, the layering and parallax of the backdrops, and the dynamic camera motion throughout really pays off when experienced in all of its 3D splendor.

This collection will also support DualShock controllers so every impact and every bone-crushing moment can now be felt in your hands. This is a huge deal to me personally because a God of War game contains so much over-the-top, heavy hitting action that you really want to feel a tactile connection to Kratos. Now you can! These games are also receiving a new Dolby 5.1 Surround mix to make the audio more enveloping. Everything from character sound effects, to positional audio sources in the world, to the incredible musical score now wrap around you while experiencing these epic games.

Additionally, God of War: Origins Collection will include unique Trophies to be unlocked as you battle your way to the top of Olympus. And there’s bonus content, including our special director’s roundtable video that was created for the release of Ghost of Sparta. It features an insightful discussion between the five directors of the five different titles in the God of War series and answers some big questions about the story, characters, and developers behind this massive franchise.

We are so proud to bring these games to PlayStation 3 and we hope you enjoy them!

Source

Key features of God of War: Origins Collection according to the press release:-

* This is the very first time PSP titles will be made available on Blu-ray for PlayStation 3 in the US.

* Fully remastered in 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D.

* Full PlayStation Network trophy support.

* DualShock compatible with rumble support.

* Dolby 5.1 / DTS surround sound support.

* Bonus content will include DLC contents from Ghost of Sparta – God of War: Game Directors Live roundtable video and Legionnaire Kratos & Forest of the Forgotten.

So it begins.. PSP games' transition to PS3 :)

Nope. This news is about Game. looking at other topics of the section will give a clear idea.

@ND

Now just get me Daxter on PS3 :)

Where is the ND twitter and FB link when u need em ??

Awesome news indeed. I recall dinjo posting it before in another thread but this one deserves a separate thread for the announcement sorts. Looking forward to play it a second time on the big screen.

Thanks for the heads-up Spacey! :)

PS: This should be in the Consoles section ofc. The title is announced for the consoles. Moving it to the consoles section.

Man I wish I had the memory-eraser from MIB and I could just flash my memory of the PSP version that I played. :(

I'll definitely play Ghost of Sparta again. I like Sony's milking strategy. When the older console's are on the verge of extinction, re-master their popular titles for the PS3. Since they killed the backward compatibility feature in the newer consoles, this is the only viable option for new users to experience these classic games. I like the name 'Origins'. It fits the theme of both the games. :)

The journey to 60FPS: Ars talks God of War: Origins on PS3

Ars said:
All these additions aren't simply cosmetic, as they improve how the game plays. "One thing that I think we got out of this is the game ran at 30fps, and with the extra performance we have it running at 60fps at 1080p," Phil Nowell, Lead Gameplay Programmer at Ready at Dawn, told Ars. "It feels so much smoother because of that."

He's right. In my time with the game I noticed how much smoother it both looks and feels. Doubling the framerate is no small thing in an action game, and it makes an impressive difference.

IGN gives it a 9 on 10!

September 13 - :eek:hyeah:

Preordered it from Intencity! Damn my wallet is becoming lighter by the day. Last weekend it was Resistance 3 and GeOW 3. Now this. SOTC/Ico later this month-end. :(

Aman27deep said:
Sad i will not be able to re-play these!

Why not?

Completed Chains of Olympus yesterday. The remastered version looked and played much better on a larger display with the surround sound effects. Some of the controls were also modified because the PSP lacked the right analog stick and dodging was originally intended to be performed using L1 + R1 triggers, but now with the right analog stick on the Dualshock 3 controller. Trophy support and stereoscopic 3D support has also been added.

The game is not without its share of minor annoyances however. For instance, there were minor lags when cutscenes initiate. Some textures looked bland and the quality of the cutscenes weren't improved. Another classic instance (if I may even call that one after having played God of War III) is that during the QTE sequences, the button to be pressed is not indicated on the respective sides of the display with regard to the controller layout. I recall, in GOW III this feature was neatly implemented. Button 'X' would be displayed at the bottom-center of the display, '[ ]' at the left-center, '/\' at the top-center and 'O' at the right-center. Ready At Dawn preferred to display all of them at the center of the screen instead. A conscious player may not have an issue here however.

Completed Ghost of Sparta yesterday. In my impatience to watch Dexter's first episode of season 6, I quickly rushed through the game and completed it in one go. Towards the end, after maxing out all the weapon upgrades, there was a surplus of 100K+ red orbs! Blame it on breaking those pots and logs strewn around. :ashamed:

The HD remastering was much more evident in this title over Chains of Olympus. Besides, RAD seem to have incorporated the QTE strategy which was missing in the previous title - now all the buttons are displayed on the screen with reference to the controller layout and executions were a breeze. Minor lags during cutscenes were evident but lesser than the previous title. Textures were improved, and AA was much better with no jagged edges.

Overall a worthy playthrough for both the titles. :)

Back