Going 3G!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Presenting the unlocked Huawei 3G modem!!! I am going to use it with my BSNL 3G sim card. Its time to retire my Samsung i200! It also comes with a micro SD card slot and I can connect an external antenna to enhance the range!

A Thermalright 120mm case fan which has been sleeved by me.

Last but not the least, an 8GB Sandisk micro-sd card for my growing memory needs.

A massive thanks to TE member Soulfire to help me get the above things!

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I am yet to configure it and use it so I can't comment on the disconnection issue.

Right I popped in my Idea card with the 2GB plan @ Rs.99 activated and it is detected properly and I can surf as well. I am yet to recharge my BSNL 3G sim card.

Its Edge and not 3G hence the low speeds. I did get excellent speeds on my BSNL 3G connection with my Samsung i200 phone - I exhausted 5Gb in a day trying to "acquire" Medal of Honor.

Congrats! :)

The speeds are excellent for me too, but the issue is that it gets disconnected frequently! :( And sometimes doesn't reconnect at all. I think its due to some signal issue. Will try it at home next week! :)

Some more images of the modem in action :-

Pretty good speeds on Idea's EDGE @ 60% network/signal strength.

Did you but the modem from dvdstore or did you unlock Idea's modem ?

Idea is giving their modem for Rs.1600. If its possible to unlock it on our own then its a good deal.

@sunny

the speeds are slower then reliance in mumbai . i get 30KB/sec avg on reliance GPRS(EDGE)

can one manually configure the apn in the connection?

how much were the speeds on 3G?

in mumbai on MTNL 3G using SE T700, i got max speed around 190KB/sec(consistent) and avg about 150KB/sec. reached a peak of 230KB/sec.

do post your results with an antenna

here is mine

3G speeds on MTNL 3G

Hey, I think I have the "same" stick from my visit to the UK last year... Can I do some unlocking voodoo on it to be able to use BSNL 3G SIM? If so, how?

ggt said:
@sunny

the speeds are slower then reliance in mumbai . i get 30KB/sec avg on reliance GPRS(EDGE)

in mumbai on MTNL 3G using SE T700, i got max speed around 190KB/sec(consistent) and avg about 150KB/sec. reached a peak of 230KB/sec.

here is mine

3G speeds on MTNL 3G

The low speeds are due to the low signal strength(55-75%) in my room - It did touch 27 kBps in another part of my house and that was consistent. I am yet to recharge my prepaid BSNL 3G connection so I can't comment on the 3G performance of this modem. However using my Samsung i200 I got 185-230 kBps. I expect this 3G modem to be as good if not better than the Samsung i200.

sunny27 said:
Its Edge and not 3G hence the low speeds. I did get excellent speeds on my BSNL 3G connection with my Samsung i200 phone - I exhausted 5Gb in a day trying to "acquire" Medal of Honor.
You could have "acquired" Medal of Honor from me :lol:. Dude, your ram ....

ggt said:
@sunny

here is mine

3G speeds on MTNL 3G
yes u can manually configure the whole connection and put in your APN details and further more too. :)

This is my Reliance GPRS.
I'm using fcking Nokia 2700C.....:(
Phone recently came from Nokia Care.
Mobile got very hot after running 5min of video and restarted.
Have no money to buy any 3G modem cos got no job ATM.....:(

998445463.png

I have no BB ATM.....:(
Each and every ISP is real mofcker in my area.....:mad:
I have used all option in my area.
ATM no BB option left for me.....:(

Back