Going to build a new computer and i need some few things to ask.....

Kirov

Disciple
im planning on building a gaming and a multimedia computer
here are the specs:
CPU:i5-2500k
MOBO:MSI Z68MA-G45
GPU:Asus GTX 570 DC II
RAM:Ripjaws 8gb 1600 CL9
PSU:Corsair or Silverstone 750w
CASE:CM 690 II advanced USB 3.0

this build costs around 49-50k

well i've been recently hearing about the new NVIDIA 6xx series and it makes me wonder, is it worth getting the GTX 570 now and how would it perform against its new brother?is SLI'ing it would make it last or even out perform some of the keplers?

so these are the options i have in mind- 1st)for now i'll just buy a gtx 550ti and wait for the release of the keplers.... 2nd)buy the GTX570 and when the keplers release i'll just SLI it knowing that the prices will go down....

so that being said which would be more performance wise and budget wise?

and i would love if you add some more suggestions :)

CPU -Intel i5 2500k-12.5k
Motherboard-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.1k or ASUS P8Z68-V-12.5k
GPU -You should wait for Amd 7xxx series which will release in q1 2012,Nvidia 6xx series won't be available until q3 or q4 of 2012 so it'd be better if you go for Amd hd7xxx series.
RAM -Corsair xms3 4X2gb 1600mhz-3.3k or Gskill ripjaws x4x2GB 1600mhz-3.4k
PSU-Corsair TX750V2-6.2k
CABINET-Nzxt gamma-2.1k or Corsair carbide 400R-5k,it'd be better if you spend less than 5k on case since your budget is 50k.
CPU COOLER -CM hyper 212 evo-2.1k or Noctua nh-u12p se2-3.9k[For ocing]
Hope this helps.:)

That's one good suggestion there men but one thing im not sure about is,will AMD release all of their 7xxx series by Q1? because if they don't and only released the 7970 that would be kinda off my budget :|

anyways thank you for your reply

I am also on the same boat as you are now

Waiting for the 7950 is worth every second

It will be released in Feb 1st week

In India we can get our hands on it in mostly march 1st or 2nd week

@comp@ddict well here on our local pc store the 570 costs around 11,750 cash if credit its 12,460

@JJ the great man I want to build this rig now.....but if you could give me suggestions or a substitute what would it be? :D

@kirov I am going to get the same rig only difference is that i am not in to overclocking so getting the i5 2400 & rest of the rig is same & I am also buying this rig in a week so getting it without the gpu & buying the 7950 in march:D the intel igp is good till march checkout the review below

AnandTech - The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested

it gives 42 fps in COD:MW 2 in low 1024x768 resolution & that's not bad at all considering its a IGP :cool2:

Thas AWESOME!!! but man im kind of a newbie in this stuff.....my question is do i need to download drivers for the IGP of 2500k and do i need to set-up the IGP or is it automatically noticed by the PC??

sorry for the noob question :D

JJ the great said:
it gives 42 fps in COD:MW 2 in low 1024x768 resolution & that's not bad at all considering its a IGP :cool2:

^^ Hmmm... if that is the case the AMD APU's [Llano + Hybrid CrossFireX] perform better [decent frames on Crysis 2 @full HD + low details], but as is the case OP is buying a good graphic card down the line so I'll not suggest this option to him.

Happy New year to the people on this thread.

Kirov said:
Thas AWESOME!!! but man im kind of a newbie in this stuff.....my question is do i need to download drivers for the IGP of 2500k and do i need to set-up the IGP or is it automatically noticed by the PC??

sorry for the noob question :D

The motherboard driver CD will have everything. I did update to the latest INTEL drivers. No improvement in games.

comp@ddict said:
The motherboard driver CD will have everything. I did update to the latest INTEL drivers. No improvement in games.

what no improvements in gameplay why ?

are you sure you run the games on low settings 1024x768 as mentioned in the review ?

^^ The Intel HD 2000 IGP is not so revolutionary that it redefines the experience [gaming on IGP], the AMD Llano [HD6570 -- IGP "Redwood"] is a game changer in this way, also it supports Hybrid CrossFireX which I mentioned earlier, it will take down most Core i3 RIGs for pure entry-level gaming prowess [in case you do not want to add discrete GPU later].

But the point is moot over here as OP is getting a good graphics card down the line.

He is going to get a i5 2500k that means he is getting the hd 3000 igp that beats hd 5450 hands down we both are going to add a discrete gpu later so we need a good igp only for 2 months

^^ Even the HD 3000 performance pales in comparison to the "Redwood" IGP, here this will help -- Conclusion : AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano Rocks Entry-Level Desktops

When the platform first landed, I was concerned about how it’d fare against Core i3—a processor we’ve already established performs exceptionally well in the company of discrete graphics. But Core i3-2105 itself costs $140 and a Radeon HD 6570 adds $70 to that bill. That’s an entry-level graphics card, too. Between the pair, you’re already over $200.

Strip Core i3 from the add-in graphics component that makes it shine and you’re left with HD Graphics 3000. While significantly faster than HD Graphics 2000, Intel’s best integrated effort can’t even come close to the engine built into AMD’s A8-3850. When you consider the LGA 1155- and FM1-based packages on their own merits, the Llano architecture makes a lot more sense. This is a simple matter of cost and balance.

The result is that Llano, as a package, is more balanced in a world where 3D pervades. Take 3D out of the picture and Sandy Bridge is superior. You really can’t downplay 3D, though. At least for most of us, we touch 3D-oriented content on a regular basis. For those workloads, Sandy Bridge really requires a discrete GPU in order to excel. That’s where you run into the cost component.
/ AMD A8-3850 Llano Desktop Processor Review - Can AMD compete with Sandy Bridge? | Memory Speed and its Effect on Graphics Performance

the Intel Core i3 processor's gaming performance did NOT scale as we increased the memory speed on the platform. The fact that AMD's did improve then indicates a much different memory system at work between the processors. It was well known that Intel's use of a shared cache between the CPU and GPU has helped it boost its performance over previous generations but it seems that AMD's tactic of allowing the GPU direct access to memory might have its advantages as memory technologies improve as well.

Look at those AMD results, the differences are actually quite impressive. The boost from 1333 to 1600 MHz produced the most dramatic results though the jump to 1866 MHz (but at slightly slower timings) still brought performance up. The fact that we got a 25% boost in gaming performance in StarCraft II and 16% gains in both Dirt 3 and Civ V means that making a few basic changes to your Llano system can result in tangible and worthwhile gaming advantages.

This also means a return to the world of memory overclocking that many of you might have thought was gone for good. The days of recommending "overclocking" types of memory for me were previously over as I found myself telling people that stock 1333 MHz memory was good enough and overclocking didn't result in many performance gains. Now, if you are buying an AMD A-series system and can get higher speed memory for the same or similar pricing, it seems like a no brainer to go that route and take advantage of these findings.

@op

imho,the HD7950 has been declared to launch on January 31st(yes,its a hard launch
<
)...wait till then to make a decision abt the GPU....if u dont get the latest,atleast u can buy on from previous generation at a more palatable price
<

Also,maybe the dollar value might stabilize by then !

Back