Good 1 GHz phone with at least 3.5 inch screen

fllniks

Recruit
Here are the main requirements: Android, 1 Ghz, 3.5+ inch screen, 5 MP+ camera, under Rs. 20K.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20K, Cheaper the better

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like frontcamera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP+ camera. Flash. Should be overall good for low light indoor photos.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Voice, Internet, Camera

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should not have a touchscreen delay for basic use. My current phone is HTC Droid Incredible and I am satisfied with its touchscreen response etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Motorola Defy+, HTC One V (don't like that battery in non-removable), HTC Desire S

In advance, thanks for responses!

i do recommend you to go for the sony ericsson sola at around 17 odd k.
if you are based in mumbai,sola is being sold at a decent discounted amount at heera panna.htc one v is also a good phone but i dislike the design and find the sony hardware to be a notch higher.

I was about to recommend the Xperia Sola as well as i ordered one for my friend couple of days back from HS18 for 16kodd. Seems to be a very good value for money phone with the awesome Sony design, 5MP cam, LED backlit LCD, 480x854 resolution, 3.7 inches with 265 ppi, 8GB internal mem with 32 gb external mem support, Dual core 1ghz, 720p video recording and much more.

EDIT: Not to forget upgradeable to ICS, and probably newly released Jelly Bean 4.1.

Also check out Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance

comparing Xperia P & SGA:

about SGA:
does it have 8MP camera? NO
can it record 1080p video? NO
will it get official ICS? NO (no news from samsung)
Does it have qHD resolution? NO (WVGA resolution)
Does it have better processor? NO (both have same processor)
Does it have more internal space? NO (same 16GB builtin)
Does it have new looks? NO

the list of -ve points is so huge compared to what P have, SGA shouldn't be touched. P's only problem is battery life and cost around 1k more at max.

comparing Xperia P & SGA:

about SGA:
does it have 8MP camera? NO
can it record 1080p video? NO
will it get official ICS? NO (no news from samsung)
Does it have qHD resolution? NO (WVGA resolution)
Does it have better processor? NO (both have same processor)
Does it have more internal space? NO (same 16GB builtin)
Does it have new looks? NO

the list of -ve points is so huge compared to what P have, SGA shouldn't be touched. P's only problem is battery life and cost around 1k more at max.

My friend bought the Xperia P and is unhappy with the lagginess and auto-rotation lag as well. It's a bit, slow.

^
That's the first time I have heard anybody mention the Xperia P is laggy and is slow :)

Something is definitely wrong with your friend's phone. Something must be slowing it down. I have never come across anyone mention "slow" "laggy" about the Xperia P before. Can you check what apps he has running and stuff ?

the defy plus seems to be plagued with reboot issues? faulty motherboards? any idea? was planning to buy but then after having read reviews on flipkart, users having issues even with the latest batch , i dint wanna take a chance.

why not look for Defy Plu's replacement, Defy XT? It should have lot better battery life and almost same performance thanks to new SOC.

Back