Monitors Good 24 inch monitor for gaming and browsing?

kvikram

Skilled
My budget is 20-25k.

I currently have my eye on the Dell U2412M which seems to be a relatively new monitor with specs slightly lower than the popular Dell U2410. Priceindia.in quotes a price of 20-25k, as opposed to U2410 which costs 33000, which far exceeds my budget.

So far U2412M seems to fit my needs. But what do you guys think? Am I making the right decision?

P.S. I'm personally leaning towards Dell versus other company monitors because Dell's service is just top notch. I lost a motherboard on my Studio XPS desktop a few weeks back due to power surge and a technician came right to my house and replaced it totally free :).

^^ Get this monitor OR the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H ~ 14,000/- it should fulfill all your needs. Also it has the same e-IPS panel which powers the other Ultrasharp monitors so picture quality will be spot on.

The 2410 can be had for 25k. Check the local computer market.

2412 comes with a 6bit + frc panel unlike the 2410 which is a true 8 bit panel fyi.

The image quality might be significantly poorer.

Well the 2412 has comparatively better blacks than most LCD/LED panels.

Bottom line is if you are looking for a multimedia monitor, say for gaming, movies and general browsing, the 2412 will do just fine and better than the most panels out there. However, if you want one for photo editing where you need a monitor with accurate colors, gonwith the 2410.

As for the price, check your local stores as well before making a purchase online.

I will certainly not use it photo editing and will use it solely as a multimedia monitor. However some here on TE say U2412 is a definite downgrade compared to U2410. Considering the 5k increase in price, will it be worth it?

Also the U2410 isn't listed on the Dell website, which means a local store is the only option. Since I don't live in a metro, I may have some difficulty. However I'll try and get back to you guys. Today is Sunday so I can't do anything today.

sweetvar26 said:
Bottom line is if you are looking for a multimedia monitor, say for gaming, movies and general browsing, the 2412 will do just fine and better than the most panels out there. However, if you want one for photo editing where you need a monitor with accurate colors, gonwith the 2410.

From what I have read if you are using the sRGB gamut the 2412 will work well. It is only if you are using wide gamut then the 2412 is likely to fall short. Plus the 2412 in comparison to the 2311 has the 16X10 aspect ratio which should work well for photo editing.

I am certainly interested in the availability aspect so I am waiting on finding that before I decide on the 2412 or the 2311

Is one thing clear: The U2410 is certainly better than than the U2412?

If so, I'm willing to forge out the extra 5k for it, since I will be keeping the monitor for at least the next three years, and I need it to be future-proof.

What say?

I would say that the benq xl2410t is a very good monitor

I use it for 120 hz and also for 3d gaming

Hope this helps

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

paraskhosla said:
I would say that the benq xl2410t is a very good monitor

I use it for 120 hz and also for 3d gaming

Hope this helps

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Yeah I heard some decent things about this monitor as well.

Here is a link for the review of BenQ.

BenQ XL2410T Review

On another note, I like reviews from TFT Central, they do it pretty extensively.

I'm not quite sure. 3D is cool but not a necessity. And I jumped to the CNET review and they say it has some backlight bleeding and gave it only a 3 star rating, while u2410 has four stars.

I think I'll stick with Dell.

I'm not quite sure. 3D is cool but not a necessity. And I jumped to the CNET review and they say it has some backlight bleeding and gave it only a 3 star rating, while u2410 has four stars.

I think I'll stick with Dell.

Do keep in mind the fewer connectivity options in the 2412 in case you desire to hook the display to some consoles/media players/STB etc. The 2410 has loads of ports and you will possibly never run out of connectivity.

zhopudey said:
What about the Benq 24" pva panel? Any reviews on that?
Hmm. You mean the EW2430V? I just saw the review here and it seems to be an excellent monitor with great value for money, although it's not IPS. The price on priceofindia.in says it's 18750. And it has a lot of connectivity too. I could seriously consider this.

On the other hand, I just contacted Dell and they say the U2412M is not available, and the U2410 costs Rs.31815 :O. Can you recommend some stores in Chennai, Coimbatore and Bangalore where I might possibly get the U2410 at Rs.25000?

I've heard that U2311h is also a 6bit+AFRC panel like the U2412.

Which has better image quality, the U2311H or the U2412?

FlatpanelsHD has a review of the 2412 up and some comparison with the 2410 and 2311. The 2412 stacks up very well in comparison to the 2410 and 2311 although the conclusion is that it is not a big jump from the 2410. In fact with the lack of HDMI port and full gamut it may not compare positively with the 2410.

But with a much lower price it will still be a good buy. The only thing that may force your hand is the availability. Till yesterday no one in Dell India was able to confirm when the 2412 will be available for retail customers. I am in a similar boat as you and I might end up buying the 2311 if the 2412 is not available in a week or two.

Here is the link to the review: Dell U2412M review - FlatpanelsHD

Back