Monitors Good 24" + Monitor

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
I will probably be changing my 20" Dell 2007WFP for a larger display soon. Looking for a 24~27" Monitor. What are my options in the market currently.

Purpose: HD Gaming (Consoles and PC) as well as movies.

Requirements:

- Full HD Resolution (1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200)

- Good Color reproduction

- Decent viewing angles

- Multiple Inputs (D-SUB as well as at least 2 x DVI/HDMI)

I am a bit picky about the color reproduction as well as viewing angles which is one of the reasons I picked up the S-IPS based 2007WFP in the first place. I know its hard to find any thing than TN panels these days and I am my self not too keen on spending too much at this time, (25~30k is the max I will reasonably spend and that is if I can get a 26" display for that price).

Pour in your suggestions...:)

buy a Dell 2408WFP (S-PVA) as it's the only one easily available in India within 35k

HP LP2475w (H-IPS) you won't get anywhere except usa/europe as i tried getting it for 6months in India

Philips 240PW9EB (H-IPS) is 25k & great (I use it) but only available easily in Singapore also has only one 1 vga & 1 dvi port

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I know about the HP LP2475W, but I am not ready to spend 40k+ on it and as Udit mentioned, its not easy to get in India although HP has it listed on their site for 47k odd. 2~3 years back I would not have minded too much about spending 40k on a 24" display, but not at this point of time.

As for the 2209WA, its an eIPS panel, but I am not really getting anything extra over my S-IPS 2007WFP.

The main reason I even want to change is because I want a larger display with 1080P support.

As for the Dell 2408 Udit, I didn't hear good things about it. I don't know whether its a good idea to get one that costs so much just because its a non TN panel when it does not offer any thing that justifies the price.

That's why I am contemplating on getting a larger 26/27" display if I cannot escape a TN Panel any way. Any decent ones in that segement that are easily available in India.

Importing is going to be your best bet then. Look at the Hazro Hz24wi or the Philips Udit suggested.

Later versions of the Dell 2408WFP are good, but lag is going to be an issue for you. How about a 32" Full HD TV? Samsung's 32B450 should be within your budget, as should the Panasonic LX80.

^Was about to suggest the Panny 32" LX80. But he demands 1080p. :p

Full HD on 32" LCDs doesn't make sense IMO. Heck I can't find the difference b/w a 720p and a 1080p mkv file no matter how far/close I sit from my 2407WFP! :lol:

And the 32" LX80's priced close to 29k!

Well 32" TV's do not have the 1080p resolution even if they support the 1080p signal. Also I need to use sit close for work as well and a low res TV will not cut it.

btw, How does the 26" AOC 619FH fare. It costs 23~24k.

Lord Nemesis said:
Well 32" TV's do not have the 1080p resolution even if they support the 1080p signal.
btw, How does the 26" AOC 619FH fare. It costs 23~24k.

Well, there're 32" LCDs which'd output a 1080p res. but is beyond your budget and makes no sense. :p

Stay away from the AOC shite! The build quality is the worst I've seen.

BTW our company has recently sourced more than a dozen servers which comprises of the LP2275W LCDs. Perhaps its easier to buy one this way.

LM go for DELL ULTRASHARP 2709W for ~3OK i guess

Feature:

>27-inch WUXGA 1920 X 1200 Full-HD – Step up to 30% more onscreen space than the Dell 20” monitor.

>110% Color Gamut – Images come to life with Dell TrueColorTM technology. A wider, more accurate spectrum of reds, blues and greens will dazzle.

>3000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio – Sharpen your visual experience with deeper blacks, brilliant image quality and crisp, easy-to-read text.

>6 Millisecond Response Time - Faster response reduces ghosting and takes the blur out of fast-moving multi-media images.

>400 nits Brightness – High brightness improves viewing in well lit environments and transforms high-definition playback.

>UltraSharp Advantage – Easy swivel, tilt and height adjustment raise viewing comfort and flexible connectivity options add user convenience.

>Premium Panel Guarantee – Protect your UltraSharp investment against even one bright pixel –guaranteed.

Panel Performance:

UltraSharp performance is anything but flat. This 27-inch high-resolution widescreen display delivers amazing 1920 x 1200 native resolution, spectacular 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (typical) and lightning fast 6 ms response time (typical). That means wider, more accurate color detail, razor-sharp images and fluid motion

More Info:)

Arent most IPS panels obscenely priced in India except the Dell 2209WA ? Your only choice would be importing it , the Hazro HZ23W/Philips 230WP7NS might be within your budget . Else you can settle for a good 26" TN monitor

RedBull said:
Try and talk a dealer into sourcing Samsung T260......

That's a TN panel I presume?

@Lord: Keep the 2007FP for your office related work. Have a 32" LCD TV as your secondary display for HD, gaming over the PS3 & X360. Sounds a lot better to me.

Back