Good book for C# with .NET

avi

Skilled
I already have Pro C# with .NET 3.0 by Andrew Troelson which is prescribed in syllabus.

Can anyone suggest me good book ?

TIA :)

If you know a bit of C#(c# 1.0 features), I would suggest you to take a look at "C# in depth" second edition by John Skeet. That's one of the best selling books on amazon. Another excellent book on .net is "CLR via C#" by Jeffrey Richter. Excellent details on CLR.

No, I have no idea about C# too.

and also that CLR book will be more concentrating on CLR right ? Any good book with C# .Net ?

C# primer by Stan Lippman is an excellent introduction to C# 1.0, you could then read C# in depth. Hard to find a hard copy though.

You could also consider Essential C# 4.0. Good introduction and comprehensive.

How about C# 4 In A Nutshell? Even i got it recently from flipkart since it got really good reviews in Amazon. I've finished 2 chapters & so far it's easy to follow the writing style.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I feel my question is somewhat related.

Are you guys learning XAML along with C#? Is there any use of learning it now, considering that WPF is no longer in use with Windows 8? I have only a limited knowledge on this, so my question itself may be wrong.

c# 4.0 in a nutshell is an excellent book, especially if you already know programming.

XAML will beused to create metro style apps, so no problem there.

unni said:
Sorry for hijacking this thread. I feel my question is somewhat related.

Are you guys learning XAML along with C#? Is there any use of learning it now, considering that WPF is no longer in use with Windows 8? I have only a limited knowledge on this, so my question itself may be wrong.

According to posts I've read around the web, Win8 will continue to support WPF.

However, since you mention XAML specifically... dude, XAML is an important part of the new Metro UI with which you can make apps for touch-based devices. MS will do all it can to force its way into the upcoming hyped tablet market, and I guess it couldn't hurt to know XAML in advance if you want to get into the game.

Take a look at the new platform stack (google around for more info):

WinRT5.png

Back