Camera Good camera under 10k

sandyksv

Recruit
Hi all,
I want to purchase a digital camera under 10k (Canon, Nokon or Sony only).
Can somebody please help me out?
My requirement is "Picture with good quality"

if you are open to buying used ones, there are 2 members here willing to sell their Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 and DMC-FZ47 bridge-cameras. the lumix (esp. the FZ-series) series is a stellar performer! check the review of any of the FZ-series. i had one, bought from the forum itself, and it had helped in clicking some terrific pics, plus a nice set of manual/semi-manual controls prepares you well for a DSLR in future, which is in a different league altogether!

P.S. - Panasonic products, esp. their cameras, have been known to last long. a friend, whose brother is in Panasonic, had told me that most people hesitate to take up the franchise of Panasonic service centre, as few things come up for service (cameras especially)!

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your suggestions. But i am confused a little. How about Nikon L610? I think when compared with S6300 or S6500, L610 looks better (14x optical zoom and 3d capture). I think s6500 has Wifi, apart from this anything extra in s6500? in Any Pros and Cons?

@sandyksv
You can also consider Canon SX160, I am using it since last 2 months. Really happy with it, 16MP, 16x optical zoom, manual controls.
Thanks for the replay. Actually i too thought SX160. But i am very new to cameras, so i prefer a compact camera. SX160 has more manual options, but i think i should get trained to use it :([DOUBLEPOST=1384148685][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I have read it too and find hard too believe, I mean two minutes, if it's true then they must be joking!
Thanks for the replay. I think i will go for IXUS 510hs. I will wait till this weekend (for the price) and then i am planing to purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replay. Actually i too thought SX160. But i am very new to cameras, so i prefer a compact camera. SX160 has more manual options, but i think i should get trained to use it :(
Manual mode is optional. It also have auto mode, you can use that in beginning and test other manual modes in free time/testing.

Manual mode is optional. It also have auto mode, you can use that in beginning and test other manual modes in free time/testing.
Ok. Thanks for the suggestion. I think IXUS 510 hs is more advanced, compared to SX160, but SX160 has more zoom and more Mega Pixels. I will decide between these two models before making the final call this weekend.

I think its almost similar to SX160 except optical zoom. But again by look, its little bigger and heavier and SX160 -> Lowest price is on amazon and its less than 7k

Back