Good campaign FPS recommendations please? (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer88

Adept
Hi All - I recently finished Metro Exodus. Looking for something to play next.

Played FC5
Not liking CP2077
Not looking for COD or BF recos

Looking for something pretty new, GFX must be good. Preferably something light and not repetitive (Doom Eternal)

TIA.

Don't know if RDR2 qualifies (or if you have already played it :p) but it's a ton of fun. I found Bioshock Infinite also fun and engaging sotry-wise and altho old, the graphics still hold up well imo

Check out halo master chief collection. Pretty good.
Spec Ops also has an amazing story.
Half Life series, black mesa if you want a modern hl1 experience.
Resident evil series (not exactly fps, but bits of it close enough)

Top fps games on steam

Try borderlands 3, graphics and guns are very good. Story is alright. It's a looter shooter campaign.
I'm still finding any good game which is as fun.

Thanks, Gents :)

I was going to go with Bioshock Infinite, I knew it was old, but assumed 2016-17.

I like HL, so BlackMesa is also looking tempting, considering its around the same age as Bioshock Infinite.

Borderlands 3 I've tried, something did not excite me about it.

Yes, yes, I know, all of the above games are classics and award winners, Sadly, i'm just too choosy :(

Seems like a tie between Bioshock and BlackMesa... Any other recos that anyone think beat either of these 2?

Thanks again, guys. Have a cold beer (or whatever your poison is) in my name :)
Could you clarify what you mean by 'light'?
Not too challenging and not a brain overload. (don't get me wrong, i love solving the HL type puzzles)

Last edited:
Not too challenging and not a brain overload. (don't get me wrong, i love solving the HL type puzzles)
If you haven't played it as yet, the campaign in Battlefront II (2017) offers some nice Star Wars sightseeing. It's currently on sale on Origin for about ₹ 350.

Even though strictly not a first person 'shooter', I will highly recommend portal 1&2. Absolutely must play.

1. Titan fall 2 - great fps.
2. Ghost recon wildlands - you can switch between fps and tps. A solid shooter.
I had once started TF 2, seems like I need to pick it up!
Thanks for the recos!
Sniper Elite 3 and 4
Titan Fall 2
Just Cause 3 (Avoid Just Cause 4)
FC 5 new dawn
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
Thanks mate, qq (probably stupid q) but, is Sniper Elite ONLY sniping?
Do I need to have played JC 1 and 2 before I play 3?
If you haven't played it as yet, the campaign in Battlefront II (2017) offers some nice Star Wars sightseeing. It's currently on sale on Origin for about ₹ 350.
Not a big SW fan, thanks for the reco, will add it to my backlog. Cheers

Thanks mate, qq (probably stupid q) but, is Sniper Elite ONLY sniping?
Do I need to have played JC 1 and 2 before I play 3?
Not really, you can go all guns blazing or go completely stealth. It all about plan, mark and kill type. The game is optimised for long distance shooting.

JC2 is 11yrs old and may not have great graphics. Jumping to JC3 directly won’t break anything as stories barely carry over from previous iteration. Same with JC4.

Last edited:
For me its only Farcry, COD, BF or any good similar peoples FPS series. MOH and Half life is anyways dead since years now.
Rest I dont play unreal games with animal, zombies and sit robots and crap characters like borderlands etc. just not my type..

Just cause is like 10th and 12th studies, takes months to complete..not much time nor patience!

Max Payne 3 bit old but great story, FC series socially FC3, Bulletstorm bit old but its fun, Gears 5, Tomb Raider/Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, Old and not so great graphics compared to modern games but I really liked playing Sniper Elite V2

Nope. Also would second JC3, the most fun I've had in a game! Just blowing up stuff, driving around the scenic island, flying like Iron Man, and the mechs!

Not really, you can go all guns blazing or go completely stealth. It all about plan, mark and kill type. The game is optimised for long distance shooting.

JC2 is 11yrs old and may not have great graphics. Jumping to JC3 directly won’t break anything as stories barely carry over from previous iteration. Same with JC4.
Thanks both, I've downloaded JC3, will give it a shot. its not an FPS, right?
For me its only Farcry, COD, BF or any good similar peoples FPS series. MOH and Half life is anyways dead since years now.
Rest I dont play unreal games with animal, zombies and sit robots and crap characters like borderlands etc. just not my type..

Just cause is like 10th and 12th studies, takes months to complete..not much time nor patience!
TBH I have the similar preference as you, not the biggest sci-fi zombie fan. With the exception of HL2 (which I played 15+ years ago) and recently Metro Exodus, I prefer stuff like FC. But sadly that leaves us with very few options.
Max Payne 3 bit old but great story, FC series socially FC3, Bulletstorm bit old but its fun, Gears 5, Tomb Raider/Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, Old and not so great graphics compared to modern games but I really liked playing Sniper Elite V2
These are most TPS, buddy. But yes, ive played Max Payne and loved it, SoTTR too. Bulletstorm I gave a shot a long time ago, did not progress much. Will re add to the backlog. Gears 5 too is on the backlog. Thanks

@all - thanks for your time. Too many games, too little time :sob:

Have a good weekend, all!

Mp3 has great combat.

TBH I have the similar preference as you, not the biggest sci-fi zombie fan. With the exception of HL2 (which I played 15+ years ago) and recently Metro Exodus, I prefer stuff like FC. But sadly that leaves us with very few options.
If you want more Far Cry and less sci-fi, you could look into Homefront: The Revolution (2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back