Good Experience with Dabur customer service

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Last week shopped for this Real Pomegranate 1L juice tetra pack from a local grocery shop.

1617730679403.png

I always ensure to check for mfg and expiry on every small or big product I purchase and this one belonged to Jan 21 batch with 6 months expiry.

Came home, cleaned the pack and shook it to get the contents mix well and then refrigerated after an hour.

After few hours, wife took it out of the fridge, kept at room temperature for an hour, shook it and tried around 100ml. She literally screamed after taking just one sip and instantly puked it blaming the unpleasant taste. She tried it again and the same result. I was busy so asked her to relax and will try it later.

Then I tried myself after sometime and tbh it was the most shittiest taste I ever had of any pomegranate juice. It was nowhere even 0.1% close to what should a pomegranate juice taste like. It tasted like a rotten fruit and spoiled liquid.

Immediately dialed their customer care no. mentioned on the pack and complained about the horrible taste. They apologized and took my complaint and asked if I need a refund or replacement so it was obvious to opt for a refund!

The next day got a call from a local Dabur personnel and they said unfortunately they couldn't offer a refund in this case yet they will check with the higher authority.
Received another call and the person was sorry for no refund option, huge disappointment for me as if there wasn't such option why in first place was I even given the choice then?

I clearly said I do not wish for the same flavor but give me another flavor in replacement and per them that too wasn't possible but in my case they did. I ordered Litchi flavor which was delivered in the evening.

The delivery person as well also agreed that this very flavor has such common issues, I suggested better to discontinue this flavor.

In all their customer service was good except for no refund option in my case but they acted timely which is commendable.

Earlier I had to deal with with Britannia but sadly they never responded back!

Last edited:
I'm even more surprised and amazed you were willing to actually complain and talk to customer service over fruit juice.
Why not? As for juice, what if it causes any poisoning and the consumer suffers severe health issues? Then run from pillar to post for compensation from the co. etc.

This is where we Indians suck nor care to raise issues thinking its just a petty value and then we keep blaming these cos.
Then why should we even blame them if one cannot bring issues to their notices?

So as a consumer, I will even complain for a Re 1 toffee if I come across any quality issues. Its our primary responsibility and to contribute to make a product better or worse or suffer.

Last edited:
I know this is OT, but if you are consuming fruit juice for its nutritional content, it is advised to have fresh made juice rather than the ones loaded with sugar and preservatives. This was suggested to me by my doc. While it is understood that in our day-day life it is not possible to cut fruit and make juice regularly, so occasional consumption is ok.
Just a suggestion..
So as a consumer, I will even complain for a Re 1 toffee if I come across any quality issues. Its our primary responsibility and to contribute to make a product better or worse or suffer.
Wished every consumer thought the same way. If we are paying for their product then they are accountable for what is being sold to us. It is because of this Conformism/chalta hai attitude that customers are taken for granted.

Last week shopped for this Tropicana Pomegranate 1L juice tetra pack from a local grocery shop.

View attachment 102888

I always ensure to check for mfg and expiry on every small or big product I purchase and this one belonged to Jan 21 batch with 6 months expiry.

Came home, cleaned the pack and shook it to get the contents mix well and then refrigerated after an hour.

After few hours, wife took it out of the fridge, kept at room temperature for an hour, shook it and tried around 100ml. She literally screamed after taking just one sip and instantly puked it blaming the unpleasant taste. She tried it again and the same result. I was busy so asked her to relax and will try it later.

Then I tried myself after sometime and tbh it was the most shittiest taste I ever had of any pomegranate juice. It was nowhere even 0.1% close to what should a pomegranate juice taste like. It tasted like a rotten fruit and spoiled liquid.

Immediately dialed their customer care no. mentioned on the pack and complained about the horrible taste. They apologized and took my complaint and asked if I need a refund or replacement so it was obvious to opt for a refund!

The next day got a call from a local Dabur personnel and they said unfortunately they couldn't offer a refund in this case yet they will check with the higher authority.
Received another call and the person was sorry for no refund option, huge disappointment for me as if there wasn't such option why in first place was I even given the choice then?

I clearly said I do not wish for the same flavor but give me another flavor in replacement and per them that too wasn't possible but in my case they did. I ordered Litchi flavor which was delivered in the evening.

The delivery person as well also agreed that this very flavor has such common issues, I suggested better to discontinue this flavor.

In all their customer service was good except for no refund option in my case but they acted timely which is commendable.

Earlier I had to deal with with Britannia but sadly they never responded back!
Is Tropicana in India sold out to Dabur? Did you put the picture for representation purposes?

I'm even more surprised and amazed you were willing to actually complain and talk to customer service over fruit juice.

I am surprised more people don't do this. As a consumer, you have paid for an item. If the item is bad, you have all the right to escalate and get a reply. 1 Re or 1k INR, doesn't matter.

We had a similar issue with Amul cheese. Got a cheese block (the processed one), and it had pieces of plastic embedded deep inside. We left it as it is, and complained to CC. The local peeps came over with a new block, some Amul chocolates, apologized and took the block back.

Why have a "chalta hai" attitude ?
I know this is OT, but if you are consuming fruit juice for its nutritional content, it is advised to have fresh made juice rather than the ones loaded with sugar and preservatives. This was suggested to me by my doc. While it is understood that in our day-day life it is not possible to cut fruit and make juice regularly, so occasional consumption is ok.
Just a suggestion..

Wished every consumer thought the same way. If we are paying for their product then they are accountable for what is being sold to us. It is because of this Conformism/chalta hai attitude that customers are taken for granted.

If you wish to consume juice for it's nutritional content, don't drink juice at all. The fibers are gone, and all you drink is carbs.

Of course, the next best option is freshly squeezed juice. A staple at our household during winters - beetroot, carrot, tomato, ginger and lemon. Yummy ! :hearteyes:

Agreed with your point. I was giving a suggestion as to what is better between a processed juice and a fresh juice.
I should have clarified, juice with the pulp where possible, like orange, lime juice, apple. No doubt the best way to consume a fruit is to eat a freshly cut fruit ASAP.

nice.

I got a bad batch of krack jack biscuits. they were dark brown to black at few places. I complained to parle customer care. they said to email them pics. I did and they never responded back smh

nice.

I got a bad batch of krack jack biscuits. they were dark brown to black at few places. I complained to parle customer care. they said to email them pics. I did and they never responded back smh
1617702371304.png

While I haven't had any troubles with any brands we bring home as far as I can remember, this thread kinda made me realize I should start complaining if anything goes awry with a product.

nice.

Anyway to redress grievance through FSSAI? You already have evidence with Parle not doing on their part.
Like you can complain against bank's wrongdoing with RBI.

Last edited:
nice.

Me too. And also got bad batches regularly for Monaco. I've tested and seen this quite regularly that most companies sell defective or sub standard products in Himachal. That's why I prefer to buy either from Amazon or when I travel to Chandigarh.

nice.

I keep experiencing this every 2-3 months with Britannia brand.
Today as well I opened pack of Vita Marie and found biscuits with holes and puncture in the corner as if roughly made/cooked or hand baked.
Will be complaining this.
Will post a pic later.

Last month had Unibic cookies and all biscuits were literally burnt, dark brown and they tasted awfully bitter!

Only experience good is with britannia good day and parle g.

I have even heard that malls are supplied substandard rejected quality control faulty lot hence they offer us huge discounts but my personal exp. has been mixed with malls or regular grocery shop so hard to judge.

Just a suggestion..

Fruit juice is like having a glass of pure sugar. You are right.

Guy guys sorry .. a lot of confusion went here! :facepalm: :D
It was Real not Tropicana. Real is serviced by Dabur.
But we even bought Tropicana pomegranate juice 2 days later but from another shop and March batch and it tasted yucks!

Where Dabur acted asap for tropicana we went to the shop and complained and he offered another flavored juice pack saying they received one such complaint few days ago.

So the entire confusion about dabur, pepsi, tropicana and real ends here!
This Indian chalta hai attitude is why the world always is able to take our advantage. As we believe only in self-peace at cost of everything! We do not like to take one extra foot or efforts and keep complaning without even trying and naming and shaming people and things. Its like if someone is dying let him die at least I'm alive and run away...
I'm in no way claiming I did a massive job by fighting pakistan or earning paramveer chakra but these small steps somewhere ensures quality isnt compromised and we shaould get the worth what we pay for.

Last edited:
Back