Monitors Good IPS 24 inch monitor, preferably LG.

PoBoy

Skilled
My LG 24EA53 is getting long in the tooth, about 10 years old.
This monsoon it would not come on unless I put it off-on 2 -3 times.

Suggest a good IPS 24 incher, 1080p. I would prefer LG because I've had good experience with LG.
LG Customer service in Mumbai is good too I've heard. I've had to call them tho.

No gaming. I occasionally edit pics. Would like something that will 'last forever'.

I've seen LG 24" IPS as low as Rs 7000, And more than Rs 15000,
LG's model names

My LG 24EA53 is getting long in the tooth, about 10 years old.
This monsoon it would not come on unless I put it off-on 2 -3 times.

Suggest a good IPS 24 incher, 1080p. I would prefer LG because I've had good experience with LG.
LG Customer service in Mumbai is good too I've heard. I've had to call them tho.

No gaming. I occasionally edit pics. Would like something that will 'last forever'.

I've seen LG 24" IPS as low as Rs 7000, And more than Rs 15000,
LG's model names
If you don't game and your PC has an output capable of 4K or 1440p, I would recommend you get those. Even if you want the size of 1080p screen, you can use Windows in built scaling to scale to the desired size. 4K with 200% (1080p equivalent) or 150% (1440p equivalent) scaling looks awesome.
These monitors usually have better color accuracy too.

LG UltraGear 24GS60F-B, although this is a gaming monitor, but even if you don't game I think this is great. This is recently launched and has slightly better quality than the older LG 1080p panels. I bought it recently, colors are good.

Dibs on your old monitor, if you ever planning to give it away.

LG UltraGear 24GS60F-B, although this is a gaming monitor, but even if you don't game I think this is great. This is recently launched and has slightly better quality than the older LG 1080p panels. I bought it recently, colors are good.

Dibs on your old monitor, if you ever planning to give it away.
I'll be using the old monitor.

The 24GS60F-B has a matte (non-reflective) screen, right ?

Whichever you pick, try going for something that has a high refresh rate. It makes a difference for day-to-use, not just gaming.

if a monitor specs, e.g. LG UltraGear 24GS60F-B, say "180Hz refresh rate" and has both HDMI 2.0 and Display Port, will the refresh rate be 180 Hz on both ?

I have a Ryzen 3 + B450 mobo. no GPU, , so only HDMI & DVI.
So no DP.

The monitor only comes with Display port cable, no hdmi in box. Also it is the cheapest g-sync compatible monitor on the market, if anyone wants to know.

If buying online remember to make unboxing video (also try not put any kind of force on the panel itself, hold it from the sides only), and keep recording the monitor until your are satisfied, and run some kind of screen test for pixels to see all are alright.

Also it is the cheapest g-sync compatible monitor on the market, if anyone wants to know.
Most freesync monitors with DP port would support G-sync. The only thing you'd have to do is to set G-sync on in nvidia control panel.
As for price there is some room for cheaper options but OP has preference for LG.

Back