Good LED Projector -Rs,40000/-

Ameet148

Adept
Hi all

My frnd wants to buy a good full HD projector preferably LED (available in India).I am completely a noob to projector world.So please suggest any good projector under the budget of 40K(With reasons).And if possible where to buy.

Thank you
Ameet

You wont get a Full HD projector at the cost you have mentioned..
I recently was in search for a decent projector for my HT..
But there is no proj in that price range..
Even i had the same budget..
I got the Optoma HD65 (720p native - Max Resolution 1080p).. I can say I am blown away by this projector in displaying 720p brrips out of the box..
Amazing projector..
P.S. I got it for around 42-43k from US. Here the dealer quoted me a price of 69k + taxes.
So I got it from US.
BTW, why LED proj? Heard for the first time. Have heard about LCD proj.
They are good for office presentations .. Where as Optoma HD65 is DLP, made specifically for movies..

born4flying said:
You wont get a Full HD projector at the cost you have mentioned..

I recently was in search for a decent projector for my HT..

But there is no proj in that price range..

Even i had the same budget..

I got the Optoma HD65 (720p native - Max Resolution 1080p).. I can say I am blown away by this projector in displaying 720p brrips out of the box..

Amazing projector..

P.S. I got it for around 42-43k from US. Here the dealer quoted me a price of 69k + taxes.

So I got it from US.

BTW, why LED proj? Heard for the first time. Have heard about LCD proj.

They are good for office presentations .. Where as Optoma HD65 is DLP, made specifically for movies..

Dude, LED is the lamp, LED projectors are either DLP or LCD. It's just that LED lamps are much longer-lasting and cooler than the metal hallide ones used in normal projectors. I own an Optoma Hd65 too but that isn't what he's looking for, neither will it fit his budget as it costs 70k in India, as you rightly mentioned.

ameet, check out the LG HS201. It's a 1024x768 LED DLP projector. The lamplife is 30,000 hours and it's got a USB port that can play Divx and other video formats. Best bit is that it's got an FM transmitter built-in so you can output the audio of Divx files on your sound system wirelessly. It's not very bright though - only 300 lumens IIRC...

Here's the link:LG HS201 Projector - Ultra Portable LED Palm Projector HS201G with 30000 hrs lamp life - LG Electronics IN

tracerbullet said:
Dude, LED is the lamp, LED projectors are either DLP or LCD. It's just that LED lamps are much longer-lasting and cooler than the metal hallide ones used in normal projectors. I own an Optoma Hd65 too but that isn't what he's looking for, neither will it fit his budget as it costs 70k in India, as you rightly mentioned.

Oh ok.. Sorry.. My bad..
Thanks for the info btw..
1 question.. Since when have u been using hd65?
Any problems with the bulb? Mine has clocked just 40 hrs.. The bulb is the main tension for me.. as it s quite costly acc. to the dealer..

Mine has clocked about 100 hours. Don't fret about the bulb. Just make sure the room is cool and avoiding frequent on/offs. A new bulb costs about 8-9k, so even if you're bulb pops in a year or two, it isn't such a bad amount to pay given the screen real-estate you're getting vis-a-vis an equivalent LCD or Plasma TV :) I run mine at the 'cool' colour temperature setting as that's the closest to 6500K and I've set custom RGB gain/bias settings as mentioned on www.projectorreviews.com. I love my projector too, I just have minor focusing issues across the entire screen. Focusing is good but not super-crisp all over :(

Anyhow, I picked mine up from the US too for 650 USD i.e. approximately 35k and it's absolutely worth the price! good luck and Have many happy movie sessions!:clap::thumb:

tracerbullet said:
it isn't such a bad amount to pay given the screen real-estate you're getting vis-a-vis an equivalent LCD or Plasma TV :)
Hahaha.. Nice 1..
Just one more thing..
Do you use any screen..? Details..
I use a white wall to project.. Is it worth to invest another 12-20k for a screen..?

Back