Monitors Good Monitor

Avtar

Adept
Hi Guys, okay I'm sick and tired of my 14 inch CRT monitor, and since I am a designer and I need a bigger screen to work with, I'm looking for a 19 inch monitor, 21 inch is of no use really...

17 inch will do also.

I was wondering which one you all would recommend? My Dad would like an LCD TFT and not a CRT.

So, which one?

might as well say that i am not too good at monitors :rofl: and neither take too much interest in there prices but i would say how about a samsung flat at around 9k. I think tft is 17k presently(Nothing confirmed) A simple 15" is 5.5 k last i checked.
I am happy with my 14" btw :p

Hi,

I wud suggest atleast a 17" crt .. the current 17" monitors from samsung/lg/etc are crap...
try getting a viewsonic (g75f+b) with atleast 1280 x 860 refresh rate @ 75-85Hz

or

19" with 1600 x 1200 @ 75-85 Hz (viewsonic g90f/b)

if u dont get viewsonic (its very hard to come by in india) try any other with these resolutions and you should be fine... philipps is one option but find out about the models ..

and yes the current FLAT samsung/lg 17 " monitor also offers the same resolution as the normal one .. so there not much point buying that either.

as for lcd .. if you are into gaming buying a decent lcd which works for gaming is frighteningly expensive. (u need atleast a 16ms lcd for that)

Ok as far as the lg flatron goes it was available for 7.5K (17")
E700S-big.jpg

MORE INFO
And normal for 5.8K here. (again 17" )
700S-big.jpg

MORE INFO

I am really thinking of this normal 17" one myself. Looks like its time to dump my oldest piece of computer part :) My 14"LG monitor :)

Back