Budget 30-40k Good phones with 256 GB storage?

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Budget 30-40k
A friend is looking for a good 256 GB phone.
+ Good Camera
+ Good Battery life

No preference for display or OS.
5G nice, but not important.
Friend is presently on a Redmi, and wouldn't mind continuing with the Mi brand.
@TheMask has suggested Mi 11T Pro and 12 Pro.

Last edited:
If you only take pictures(and videos very rarely), then Pixel 7 Pro.
If you take pictures as well as videos, then Iphone 14 Pro/Pro Max.
Depends on your budget too. For a comparative analysis of cameras, check MKBHD's blind camera test.

I bought a redmi note 10 and it somehow merged the 256g sd card into into main storage. All my storage woes are gone
Screenshot_2023-01-02-10-01-18-057_com.google.android.apps.nbu.files.jpg
with such a feature do you need more space
Screenshot_2023-01-02-10-02-35-360_com.android.settings.jpg

I bought a redmi note 10 and it somehow merged the 256g sd card into into main storage. All my storage woes are gone. with such a feature do you need more space
You might have chosen to format the SD card as internal storage. I don't think this is a good idea for a few reasons,
  1. It slows down your internal storage as well. SD cards are much slower by comparison. Since you don't have control over what data goes where, if the apps you use end up on the SD card, they will be sluggish.
  2. If the SD card is corrupted or removed, you also risk the data on the internal storage getting corrupted.
  3. Data on the SD card will be encrypted. You won't be able to read the data if you insert it into another phone or PC.
Better to keep them separate in my opinion.

EDIT: Sorry for OT, I just saw the thread name now.

If you are ok with used mobiles the last year flagships like the mi 12 pro or the iqoo 9 pro are really nice devices with nice cameras and flagship features. Battery won't be as good as the mid range phones but once you get used to charging in 15 mins with 120W you can never look back again.

Aftee using Mi, Redmi,Poco, realme, Honor, Sony, Samsung, Motorola i would say you can go with any Moto or Pixel device. You can't go wrong with these devices. People keep complaining about Moto' software updates. They are a month late in updates probably but rock stable for everything you throw at them.

Back