Good washing machine in 15k

only top loading models will be available in this price range with a wash load of around 5-6 kg. cant say of any specific model but look for stainless steel drum.

for other features let others pour in their cents.

I personally was on the look out for one in this range, finally settled on a Samsung WA88TPK with 6.8kg capacity, stainless steel drum, fuzzy logic with memory function, e.g it remembers where to start from in case of a power cut or so, hot & cold water option and some other nifty features overall a good machine been working fine since last 3 months :eek:hyeah:

Front loading have their own sets of problems - you cannot stop the cycle to add/remove clothes once you have started it (Helpful in days when you remember that you still had that 100 rs. note in your pocket when you chucked in your shirt for washing, or when you want to add one more trousers to your wash load after you've started it!)

ElectroManiac said:
But they dont list the prices !!!

Very true, but you can always refer to futurebazaar.com for better prices. However, i always use for manufacturer's website for studying stats only :)

Lol our previous Washing Machine was IFB.. and members of my family have pretty horrid experience.. so i can safely say IFB is out of list :bleh:

Go Samsung WA88TPK buddy for this budget ,stainless steel drum , fuzzy logic and top loading , in a way top loading is better u can use standard detergent and pause and put in more clothes u forgot in the middle of the wash cycle.

A Front loading supposedly consumes less power and water but are not quiet suitable yet for our Indian conditions :

1: In case of Power cuts u cant take out the clothes without spilling over the water if u need to.

2: ooops i forgot to put that undie syndrome

3: The support provided as of now for the most popular front loading in market currently is not up to the mark ( Servicing ) Also part are reported to be expensive compared to Top loading variety

I feel a good top loading should do the job unless u got enough money catching fungus or ur area is free from power cuts or you are not one of the last minutes types who forget to put in all of the clothes before starting the wash cycle....

My .2 cents ..... Cheers

Back