FS: Mobile Google Pixel 3 (Clearly White, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3chg33k

Skilled
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Sep 27, 2022
Shipping Charges
Included in cost
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Secondary phone that can be done without
I have been using it as a secondary work phone for the past 6 months. It was purchased from a friend, who had in turn purchased it as a manufacturer refurbished device in the US last year. It supports a single physical SIM that works with all operators (eSIM is disabled) and the bootloader is also permanently locked.

The battery however is apparently not touched during the refurbishing process, so after 3-4 months of usage, the original battery swelled up and damaged the back panel. I changed both of them with good quality replacement parts in February, so the back panel is "whiter" than the sides.

I would classify the phone's condition as good. The OLED screen works great, and I have included a white-screen image to indicate that it has no burn-in issue of any kind. It has a few micro scratches which are visible with the screen off in direct sunlight. The back panel as I said is new and the phone frame has a couple of minor scratches at the corners, but no dents.

The fingerprint sensor works great, and the replacement panel also supports wireless charging. The replacement battery provides good backup. The battery apps on Android are unreliable as in some charge sessions the estimated battery capacity exceeds the design capacity, but for the 5 "long" measurements done over the past month, which have to be done with battery percentage at 15% or below, the health is displayed at 95% of the design capacity. More stats are attached to the post.

The Pixel 3 received its last Android 12 update in June 2022 which added VoLTE roaming support. I have also attached some sample camera images, mostly to confirm that they work fine. For more details, you can check the DXOMARK review. Lastly, will include a cheap case that was there to just prevent scratches.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Extra information:

The last Pixel 3 update (C2) also triggered the common for Pixel "corrupt phone" message. It is mostly displayed when the bootloader is unlocked which is not possible on this phone, so it has been triggered incorrectly. The only real way to fix this is through flashing a factory image which is unfortunately not possible with a locked bootloader. I have tried all other available options for locked bootloaders and sadly it has no impact. Official Pixel support asks the phone to be sent to B2X to get rid of the message, which is illogical.

The only inconvenience in this case is that you will have to press the power button to skip the message, and then it will take a few additional seconds to perform a system check on every boot. It does not in any way impact any functionality once the phone is switched on.

I recently spent nearly 1.5k on this for the replacement parts, so my take is that the price is right considering the additional expense that makes the phone more usable now than when I had purchased it.

Attachments

• Screen on.jpg
    Screen on.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Front wide.jpg
    Front wide.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Front telephoto.jpg
    Front telephoto.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Rear Portrait.jpg
    Rear Portrait.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Battery estimate.png
    Battery estimate.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Battery usage.png
    Battery usage.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Android version.png
    Android version.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen white.jpg
    Screen white.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 159
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Battery Health.png
    Battery Health.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
After a couple more long charges, battery health has settled at 95% of the original design capacity. Updated that in the OP.

Latest 50+ % charge has put the average Battery Health to 96% now. I had done a 1-100% charge only the first time and it was around 98% back then, so the battery health can be considered to be 96-97% as it measures higher in the app based on how long the charge is.

Also reducing price to 9.4k shipped.

Attachments

• Battery Health Apr 8.png
    Battery Health Apr 8.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 124
Not sure if I made the "corrupt phone" sound more scary than it is, so recorded a video showing the impact on the boot time.

Google never really fixed it since Pixel 1, so it keeps occurring with updates even on the latest Pixel phones and requires a full factory flash (not reset) which, as I mentioned previously, is not possible with a locked bootloader.

Also, dropping the price to 9.25k shipped.

Bump.

To be clear about the message, attached screenshot to indicate Google's stupidity whereby they wouldn't allow a factory flash without an unlocked bootloader and their repair tool for locked bootloader is not even updated to support the last release for Pixel 3.

Also, a 5-year running issue whereby they wrongly disabled bootloader unlocking for valid phones.

Just to let you know that the message on boot is Google's fault which again cannot be rectified because of Google's fault.

Attachments

• Pixel Repair.png
    Pixel Repair.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Final bump for this thread at 8.9k shipped. Anyone who is interested at any point can message me, as I will not be monitoring this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back