Google pixel 6 launch event

Haan koi fayda nahi. Google is least bothered to launch products in India and I so wanted to buy a Pixel. Plus if it is launched, the prices will not match with the one's in US of A.

It wont be coming to India anyway.
why so.. any particular reason (besides google deal with mota-bhai in pushing new handset lineup cheap surveillance devices in Indian market) ?

EDIT:
the only logical strategy i can see is - Indian top end customer either go with iPhone or Samsung - both are suffering form fanboy-ism till great extent and they will hardly switch.
In given the dollar vs INR rate and "easy of doing business in India" google certain wont be able to repeat theirs nexus lineup range of pricing.
Pixels will definitely be directly competing against Samsung's flagships - which is almost impossible to penetrate for Google. Also the supply chain and customer support system Samsung has built over decades in India is very robust - which is instant disadvantage for competitors.

This is why, i think, google is focusing on the markets where they can make profit.

Last edited:
It does not get assembled in India
So why not go the Apple way and tie with Foxconn to assemble components in India??

Any idea what is the price difference between an iPhone(any version) made in India versus those available in other markets. This could be indicative as to why Google didn't go the Apple way in India.

pixel-6-vs-pixel-5.jpg

Real reason why they didn't put flagship snapdragon in Pixel 5.

I actually love the new Pixels. Am waiting for the final reviews before trying to get one from the US. I am hoping to find someone to bring one from there.

So why not go the Apple way and tie with Foxconn to assemble components in India??

Any idea what is the price difference between an iPhone(any version) made in India versus those available in other markets. This could be indicative as to why Google didn't go the Apple way in India.

I don't think there is any quality difference between iPhones manufactured in India vs one manufactured in China but from what I know, most manufacturing in India is for local consumption and Apple I think still doesn't make latest iPhone 13 series in India, only upto iPhone 12 is manufactured.
But as expected, it does not bring price (MRP) down even without any import duties.

“Due to a variety of factors including global demand-supply issues, we are not able to make our products available in all markets. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to more countries in the future.”

Another factor that Google may have considered when deciding not to launch flagships in India is the pricing. Almost 90 percent of the Indian smartphone market is for devices priced under $300 — a price range that is dominated by the Chinese makers and Google cannot compete with.- Gizmo

“Due to a variety of factors including global demand-supply issues, we are not able to make our products available in all markets. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to more countries in the future.”

Another factor that Google may have considered when deciding not to launch flagships in India is the pricing. Almost 90 percent of the Indian smartphone market is for devices priced under $300 — a price range that is dominated by the Chinese makers and Google cannot compete with.- Gizmo

Not only that, general public (forums, reddit don't count) cannot digest paying a lot when it comes to Android devices but the same people will definitely spend the premium on an iPhone due to perceived Luxury / worth it item.

I think google should have at least launched the Pixel 6 in India if not the pro. They could have priced it around the 60k mark, with a 100 x USD price conversion like everyone else does, & it still would have found many takers even at that price specially now when they are advertising 5 years of software support. Not launching a product in one of the bigger Android market makes me really think that google is still not committed enough to their smartphones division & are still in trial & test mode. Google also has a habit of overpricing their phones in India which is not doing it any favors. They want to price them in the luxury/higher price segment yet are not ready for the relatively less sales that are usually associated with that segment. You cannot have it both, at least initially till you have earned enough trust like Samsung & Apple has.

Not only that, general public (forums, reddit don't count) cannot digest paying a lot when it comes to Android devices but the same people will definitely spend the premium on an iPhone due to perceived Luxury / worth it item.
I don't think that is the case. Sure, Apple has a certain luxury image in our market & are priced at a premium but they do have their advantages. I think people are ready to pay more for Android devices if they get an equivalent software support & longevity in terms of performance. The problem with Android space is really the lack of software support, multiple android flavors which are not for everyone's liking & the performance which degrades significantly in a couple of years either due to new OS overhead or due to not enough yearly improvement in SOC performance. Looks like google has addressed all of these issues with this launch yet they decided to not sell it in our market for some reason.

I think google should have at least launched the Pixel 6 in India if not the pro. They could have priced it around the 60k mark, with a 100 x USD price conversion like everyone else does, & it still would have found many takers even at that price specially now when they are advertising 5 years of software support.
Nahi karengey. Usually they will do it between 70 INR per USD to 80 as well. AMD is one such example. But Google has never been serious about the Indian market for Mobiles, I dont think they have ever serious about the Mobile market at all. This could be US or India or any other market. Having said this, I have always wanted to own a Pixel phone but never did so in the past.

Back