Arun1

Adept
So they finally arrive! My Audio-Technica AD-700s
:hap2: :hap2: :hap2:
First Looks!
image001zm6.jpg

Nice opening mechanism
image003jp1.jpg

Somebody tried to open in from the top though and as you can see there are some signs of struggle :-(
image000zt3.jpg

But luckily the headphones themselves are in perfect condition :)
image004tt2.jpg

The internal case itself acts like a stand,not sure though if I trust them :p

Sorry about the images if they're not clear enough,these are actually better than the ones I took without flash!

The headphones themselves are pretty huge and its more pronounced for someone like me upgrading from a relatively smaller pair of headphones
(Goodbye MDR-240RK,I'll miss you!)
They come down right up to my jaws but not something I wasn't expecting given all the reviews I read about it.Not to be alarmed though the are pretty comfortable,bit heavy(given that I've been using such light phones) but anybody already using full sized cans would be right at home.

Got these from KMD,Total Damages :Rs 7000ish
More damages coming my way but I'd rather make a separate thread on that.

TechHead said:
VERY nice! Did you try the JVC HArx700/900 though?

Its from KMD so I seriously doubt he tried it.

Anyways congrats on the decent headphones.

I was expecting something like a Phlips 2700 or a Senheisser HD202 or something in that range.

Thanks guys!

A review! Maybe after a little burn in and after i find a decent alternative to my audigy value cards.

And as for the JVC HArx700/900 I haven't personally tried them so I can't really compare them but if I'm not mistaken the comparisons are with the A700/900s(Closed) and not the AD-700/900s(Open).

i have the same pair of headphones combined with a Creative X-fi Xtreme gamer ...and i have to say..this is thebest entry level audiophile headphone, at the same TIME ..it beats every other gaming headset in the market also

+ Awesome sound quality

+ Awesome positional audio for games

+ /- Ideal for gaming @ home , can be irritating to carry it @ LAns ...since its a bit heavy

GREAT PURCHASE DUDE :) ...really worth every $$ u spent , but i think u might need a better card than audigy value soundcard..to get the best out of these headphones

i couldn't believe him when he told me he going to churn out 7k - 8k for headphones

nice purchase buddy

i guess :p

i = noobie audiophile

OT a little.. in case anyone is keen on the AD700, i have a pair on sale now at 5k shipped... also bought through KMD in Jan this year, but seldom used.. earpads etc in mint condition and with original box packaging :)

burnz said:
OT a little.. in case anyone is keen on the AD700, i have a pair on sale now at 5k shipped... also bought through KMD in Jan this year, but seldom used.. earpads etc in mint condition and with original box packaging :)

Where were you a week ago :p

Back