Storage Solutions Got a new drive with no warranty. What to do?

So I got a new Samsung laptop drive from ebay today.
Here is the listing.
24edo5f.jpg

And this is what I am getting at seagate's site
2gxgv2o.jpg

The drive also looks like it has some scuffs on it but it is hard to tell with the wrapping and I haven't removed it as it belongs to a friend who is in another city and I don't wanna unwrap it.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
I would be calling them tomorrow to get it sorted. Meanwhile, left a msg on ebay for them.
The serial no is S2ZPJ9BD510967
HDD P/N is HN-M101MBB-AV1
P/N is E1743-G141-A18U0

Last edited:
I guess Seagate handles Samsung drives.
I had similar issue, I mailed to Seagate CC and got a reply that I does not matter as log as the drive is bought from "proper" channels.
If you have a VAT paid bill then no issues.

yup the bill is fine with proper VAT/TIN no and the seller's stamp as well.
And the seller is also genuine. I mean he has 5655 sales under his name on ebay, so he can't be a fraud.
BTW, flash23, could you tell me what was the exact problem that you had with your purchase?

yup the bill is fine with proper VAT/TIN no and the seller's stamp as well.
And the seller is also genuine. I mean he has 5655 sales under his name on ebay, so he can't be a fraud.
BTW, flash23, could you tell me what was the exact problem that you had with your purchase?
My drive had developed bad sectors and before giving it for RMA I checked its status with Seagate, it had the same status as yours , Seagate replied saying that if accel does not honor it mail them and it will be taken of.
Anyways you can ask them to update the warranty status as it seems much of a safer option.

Yes I mailed them the invoice and serial no. Their representative said that the serial no is invalid so I have sent him the pic of the drive. They should take care of it now.

This is the reply from seagate. I will call the seller tomorrow again and tell him about this but what if he denies any help. I am also unable to raise a dispute on ebay. When I click on resolve a problem against the HDD purchase, I am taken to the page to raise a claim but my HDD doesn't show up there and when I search the paisapay id, it can't find it.
72eglj.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1410533538][/DOUBLEPOST]I just called them and told the guy about this issue and also threatened him with Cyber Crime cell and he said that he is willing to refund the amount or he can entertain the warranty on his part. He told me to send him an e-mail and he would agree in the reply to entertain the warranty for the mentioned time period on the bill.

What do you guys say? Is that fine? He has 5655 sales under his name on ebay and the bill is proper with VAT/TIN no. and his shop's stamp and signature too.

Last edited:
5k feedbacks mean nothing, he clearly sold you a fake/mislabeled product and no amount of feedbacks justify this behaviour. Get a refund.

Back