Audio Got Fake Airpods pro from Amazon

Might be slightly ot. I just got a pair of fake airpods pro from Amazon and they won't take it back or replace it without apple saying it's fake. So be careful guys!
Seller? Please add more info such as product page link, seller name/page link. price you bought it for and perhaps pics of packaging and product.
Otherwise no one knows what to lookout for and it's not really helpful.

Also I hope you have uncut proper unboxing video of the product as well to prove you're genuine. With that you can open an A to Z claim with amazon.

Seller? Please add more info such as product page link, seller name/page link. price you bought it for and perhaps pics of packaging and product.
Otherwise no one knows what to lookout for and it's not really helpful.

Also I hope you have uncut proper unboxing video of the product as well to prove you're genuine. With that you can open an A to Z claim with amazon.
Seller was appario retail. The box and the case looks fishy and I've never seen a made in India airpods before. Got it for like 14.7k after card discounts and all.

Anyway I'm visiting an Apple service center tomorrow to get it verified, I'll post back with an update.

Attachments

• 20220925_193654.jpg
    20220925_193654.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 20220925_193657.jpg
    20220925_193657.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 20220925_194045.jpg
    20220925_194045.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 20220925_194213.jpg
    20220925_194213.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 20220925_214721.jpg
    20220925_214721.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 258
Seller was appario retail. The box and the case looks fishy and I've never seen a made in India airpods before. Got it for like 14.7k after card discounts and all.

Anyway I'm visiting an Apple service center tomorrow to get it verified, I'll post back with an update.
The service center folks didn't even want to touch it. They said right away that its fake and didn't want to do anything with it. Looks like I'm kinda stuck with it for now. Will raise a chargeback on the card and cross my fingers.

The service center folks didn't even want to touch it. They said right away that its fake and didn't want to do anything with it. Looks like I'm kinda stuck with it for now. Will raise a chargeback on the card and cross my fingers.
raise it with amazon.

Can you get that certificate by paying them a few bucks ? Or a certificate of them saying that they cannot give any certificate for online purchase or they have nothing to do with the seller Apprio Retail. If nothing works then go to social media. Email some Youtubers, especially message Geeky Ranjit on Twitter.

Take confirmation over Apple's Email support.
Over call/email Apple CS are like, "since we can't physically see the product, we can't help you much". Funny thing is it has the serial number from a genuine airpods pro but its just that the genuine one is with someone else lol
that too 3times, contains 3times the original.
OP, try social media route too
This is kinda where its at on social media. Don't see it going far unless I get something from an Apple service center.

I plan to go to another one tomorrow. From what I was told, the service center should either replace/service the product or provide a "denial of service" letter. Neither happened with the one I went to today. Hope tomorrow turns out to be better..

Can't you just run the serial number on the warranty checker

I did and the warranty runs out next week. And Apple CS say they need to update the date of purchase as its possible that the seller purchased it earlier. But they refuse to do this since there is a mismatch on the invoice. Though they refused to tell me what the mismatch was, I later noticed that the serial no was not in the invoice at all. So I've requested amazon for an invoice with serial no but they have given me an ETA which will be post the return window. smh
Can you get that certificate by paying them a few bucks ? Or a certificate of them saying that they cannot give any certificate for online purchase or they have nothing to do with the seller Apprio Retail. If nothing works then go to social media. Email some Youtubers, especially message Geeky Ranjit on Twitter.
The folks at the service center I went to wanted nothing to do with the product whatsoever. I'll try calling up a couple of them tomorrow and see if they can provide me the letter first.
Tagging tech youtubers is a good idea. Geeky ranjit is the only guy I follow, I need to see who the others are haha

Last edited:
I plan to go to another one tomorrow. From what I was told, the service center should either replace/service the product or provide a "denial of service" letter. Neither happened with the one I went to today. Hope tomorrow turns out to be better..
Are you going to open the box and ask for service from Apple?

Amazon should be ashamed of such behavior. It is not the onus of the buyer to prove a fake. I have noticed this black-hole mentality for returns, many a times with e-Retailers. It is sad.

I've never seen a made in India airpods before
Congratulation you got the bhakt edition of airpods.
And you already got Vikas ( )

On serious note, Sorry that you have to go through it.
Some of your reply on twitter is on-dot, but unfortunately you have been pushed into a shit loop for running pillars to pillar.

Will raise a chargeback on the card and cross my fingers.
Unfortunately this is the only option i can see at this point, and lodge a case in consumer forum.
( keep a record of twitter interaction as pdf for proof)

Reaching out youtubers?? are they cousin of Jeff or what?
it wont get you anything, They make their living out of amazon affiliations. No body had the balls to go against amazon or apple.
Even if let's say 1 out of 100 goes, there is nothing for you to gain. except wasting your time and focus. Unless your clip became viral - which amazon/apple wont let it if it started to get any traction.

This is scary, been the trustworthy appario retail and this.
your time has not came yet, I have got many used/counterfeit from cloudtail/apprio specially in electric section, these are just shell companies to circumvent laws in India.
Heck recently i got a fake smart bulb, when i complained amazon refunded the money and erased the history from my purchasing list.
So amazon india are 100% aware they they are into.

Back