Monitors Got my monitor thanks guys

Congrats dude!!:clap:
Turning it off will be safer if u dont hav a UPS.
if u have a UPS, on or off doesnt matter... but still turn it off.. after all its just a button press..

To enjoy the monitor.. maybe u should remove the plastic sheet in front of the screen :p ??

you can enable display blanking in your OS' power management options so it will auto turn off after specified time...

gangulysaptak said:
Congrats dude!!:clap:
Turning it off will be safer if u dont hav a UPS.
if u have a UPS, on or off doesnt matter... but still turn it off.. after all its just a button press..

To enjoy the monitor.. maybe u should remove the plastic sheet in front of the screen :p ??

1. "after all its just a button press.." - I do not think he meant the effort required to switch off. Does the frequent clicking on/off harm the controls or does frequent the powering on/off consume more power ?

2. It is better to leave the plastic sheet on PROVIDED it does not reflect the light source (as shown in your image - or is it camera flash ?) such as sunlight from window. Replace the adhesive tabs with transparent clean (without finger prints) cello-tape pasted unobtrusively, one on either side at bottom of the screen and 3 or 4 on top so that dust does not enter from top and the sheet can be easily raised up if required. Do not fold or have crease or dent on the plastic sheet. Once in a while wipe clean the sheet carefully without leaving any marks. My viewsonic is as good as new after 15 months and I do not even notice the presence of the sheet while my other LCD without the sheet protection has all sorts of marks including finger prints which are difficult to remove.

jkeerthan said:
at last on thursday i got ma monitor its vx2235wm-5 for 12.9k in chennai :hap2: :hap2:
i asked everything----no dell,no samsung with dvi port,no lg 226wtq

so i bought this

screen
http://www.techenclave.com/rig-gallery/rigfullimage-5455.html
one doubt.....................

should i leave the monitor turned on after shutting down the pc or i shuld turn it off..which is safe......................

tnx guys.it llooks awesome...

No Dell in Chennai ?? :S No way pal. Its available in just about every electronics shop these days.

Back