CPU/Mobo Got my PC today..

cricfan

Adept
got my pc today...i got it from sp road..my rig is given below..

AMD X2 5600+---------6200

Gigabyte 690v mobo----2450

Transcend 1GB DDR2 800----1300

Zebby Bijli+ cheap psu(400W)---1450

sony Floppy drive----------175

intex/odyssey...KB/Mouse----250

XFX 8400GS( 256(512 TC)---2600(i dont find much diff between this and 8500GT and 8600gt is priced bit too much for my comfy)

Got this from Metro computers....u cant get it cheaper than this...no shop in sp road sells this cheap.i had been to many shops..i found this guy had the cheapest prices overall..and this guy is not rude too.will b getting a dvd writer(sata) next month.

PC is workig fine..silent...this is one good cabinet...only drawback..no external temp indicator..but comes with 3 fans..one front led fans.have not run a game yet..will post..once i get the games running..colin mcrae dirt..here i come..

if u were ready to take gfx card.....u shd had gone with c2d....

anywas nice setup.......yup but gfx could had been better

still agree with it..but what the hell made u buy floppy drive????..u could have easily got 1gb usb drive for 500 or less

magnet...i have to use vmware..so if intel..it had to b 6550 costing around 7k..4.8k for mobo and 2.7 for gfx card..wud have been too much for me..

Indrajeet,not a serious gamer by any standard..and i am using a 15 inch crt..so 800x600 resolution is for me...8400gs shud do the job..at medium/low details....will use this pc for next year or so..

Good config man, Why 8400GS - U wont feel much difference in onboard and low end card. I have onboard ATI X200 and Nvidia 6200GPU, allmost same perormance.

searched for 7050pv board...did not get it.bought this because it has sm3.0 support..many games dont run if sm3.0 is not supported..it is a stop gap measure..will get a new card after 3-4 months.

cricfan said:
got my pc today...i got it from sp road..my rig is given below..

AMD X2 5600+---------6200
Gigabyte 690v mobo----2450
Transcend 1GB DDR2 800----1300
Zebby Bijli+ cheap psu(400W)---1450
sony Floppy drive----------175
intex/odyssey...KB/Mouse----250
XFX 8400GS( 256(512 TC)---2600(i dont find much diff between this and 8500GT and 8600gt is priced bit too much for my comfy)

Got this from Metro computers....u cant get it cheaper than this...no shop in sp road sells this cheap.i had been to many shops..i found this guy had the cheapest prices overall..and this guy is not rude too.will b getting a dvd writer(sata) next month.

PC is workig fine..silent...this is one good cabinet...only drawback..no external temp indicator..but comes with 3 fans..one front led fans.have not run a game yet..will post..once i get the games running..colin mcrae dirt..here i come..

i purchase different mo and cpu for same price ;)

but i got that good mo with extreme oc edtion asus M2N-E 5K
AND 4400 x/2 bisbane 65mn for 3.6k
equal 8 k
i oc 2.90 ghs at stock fan cooler it work gre how i jumper u amd 5900 x/2
tem ide 44 loading 46-50
with 2 fan cooler on side
why did u purchase 5600 x/2 90 mm :rofl:

this mo has no on board graphical

u need add on gpu card evener 6200 can work u :p

@arun, he got a 8400GS which is better then the 6200TC :p

Also, do remember that one may not wanna OC their systems and hence go for higher default clock speeds. Not everyone is a OC'er.

Deepak said:
@arun, he got a 8400GS which is better then the 6200TC :p

Also, do remember that one may not wanna OC their systems and hence go for higher default clock speeds. Not everyone is a OC'er.

hey i said some asus M2N-E mo has don't have onboard chipest
so that why evener low -end card can work this mo 570 ultra ;)

90 mm is not good for gaming or it heat higher and waste of power :p
anywhere get him play at his own risk :ashamed:

90nm at stock in perfectly ok for gaming etc etc (whatever can use the CPU to full load) and max power rating for both (if got the energy efficient version) is 65W.

Ofcourse OC'in is definitely better on the Brisbanes, but not by that large a margin....

So, I don't think he really wasted his money, unless maybe if he wanted to OC

Nice config at those rates. I'm hoping to do a bit better as I was about to source a 7900 GTX from the US. So the E2160 + the Biostar if I can find it should make my life easy. BTW can you provide some contact details for that shop at SP road?

congrats for the new machine.

I am also looking forward for a new AMD machine for home use.

AMD X2 4000+ 65nm

GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H
hoping it is a good board with OCing
Motherboards with AMD Chipsets

2x1GB DDR2 800

i hope this is a good combo for home use surfing/music/video etc & little bit of gaming.

i look forward to your comments/ suggestions.

41513933 is the phone no of the shop(Metro computers)...yes deepak..prices are exclusive of vat..this guy sells at cheapest of prices..but u dont get the customary headset and dust cover...i bargained hard and got a dvd rw instead..:lol:

not at all into OC...sort of using this as a hometheatre pc..have connected this pc to my 29 crt..needed 2 displays(i also have my old p4 pc with me)..so OC 24 hrs may b too much numbers on my electricity bill...i am preparing for my mcse..i had to get a stable fst cpu at a decent price...5600+ is tailor made at 2mb cache and runs your ram at 800Mhz.this pc will b used at max till early 2009 or late 2008...with pcie2.0 coming soon...and phenoms/penryn coming out..i felt this was a good vfm cpu.

using cool and quiet...and most of the time this cpu runs at below 1ghz clock(idle)

and yes..deepak..no 5200+ is the highest model with energy efficient 65 watt standard..5600+ is not available at 65 watts...89watts for this cpu.

only issue so far is that ..looks like pci x1 slot is blocked..and not much gap between my tv card at 2nd pci slot and gfx card..i can sneak in a nic though..need it for lan..at the moment alternating my cable b/n net and lan..

Back