Got my Sapphire 5850 Toxic 2GB card today, thanks to Mr.Supra

thegame

Adept
First of all want to thank Supra:cool2: for getting me this deal done:clap::clap:, got the card for around 18.5k (17.5 + 5% VAT + 200 shipping):hap2:. Reason went for this card for as it was available for almost the same price as in US, new egg sells it for around 390 dollars incl shipping. Just tried Sapphire promotions and got the Driver Cleaner software so 1 out of 5 promotions is out, i know i should have tried some games but fine will do it the next time:D

This card looks super huge and the box itself was bigger than my mobo box and first seeing it i thought oops made a mistake as i thought my CM RC 690 wont take in this beast but in the end everthing went well and its up and running, When i have the a/c on its runs less than 45 during load and in normal chennai temps it rarely goes around 65C, my previous 8800GT idle was 60 and at load went up to 85C.

CRYSIS CRYSIS just cried seeing its graphics:) was able to play it at max settings around 60-65 fps and boy now only i fully realized why GPUs fear this game..Splinter Cell conviction all max settings was running above 60-65fps btw all these are at 1440*900. All the games except my favourite GTA4, EFLC:( rocked with this card. GTA EFLC all max settings was running at 20-25fps only, will try the original GTA4 tomorrow..

Anyways hope this card will keep me playing the new games releasing this year end at good fps.. Crysis2, COD Black Ops, Mafia2, Max payne3 etc..

BTW does quad core really improve my gaming performance??:bleh:
My PC specs now..
CPU: E8400
Mobo: Gigabyte EX38 DS4
GPU: Sapphire 5850 Toxic 2GB :)
PSU: Corsair 620W HX
RAM: 2GB DDR 2 800 Mhz (wil upgrade to 4GB mostly month end)

once again thanks to all the TE members:hap2: for their suggestions and special thanks to Supre:D:clap:

Congrats :D......so bad that I dont have the dough to get this :(

Put up the pics plz :p

For GTA a 2nd hand Q6600 is what u need :p

:
Supra said:

Don't worry mate you will soon get a better one:D

tomorrow planning to clean my pc, just the outer case and the table:eek:hyeah:, so will try to get the pics and will post:p

you should try a custom ultra config for crysis the game looks out of this world (might make you feel like you could use a bigger gpu tho :p)

Congrats OP.
@ Charun Yep, that someone else would really be me.
@ Supra Sir,
Make it fast please, I just cant resist my temptation anymore. :) I'd be really really thankful to you. and yes, i got the your sms btw, didnt have balance to reply :p

Ankur said:
Congrats OP.
@ Charun Yep, that someone else would really be me.
@ Supra Sir,
Make it fast please, I just cant resist my temptation anymore. :) I'd be really really thankful to you. and yes, i got the your sms btw, didnt have balance to reply :p
Great, forget Rashi and go for this awesome beast..from 8600gt to this one will be really BIG, btw what resolution u game @

Zloyd said:
you should try a custom ultra config for crysis the game looks out of this world (might make you feel like you could use a bigger gpu tho :p)

Just wondering how the developers tested it?? do they test it on the commerical market products i.e CPUs and GPUs if so then what config i guess there was not a monster config in 2007 :) or how they enjoyed the game at its full settings:huh::D

^^ Will get your one surely next week :)...BTW the box of the card is hugeeeee and weighed like 2.5kg :p...so expect a huge courier expense also ...even for couriering to Chennai costed 225 bucks :(

thegame said:
GTA EFLC all max settings was running at 20-25fps only, will try the original GTA4 tomorrow..

Anyways hope this card will keep me playing the new games releasing this year end at good fps.. Crysis2, COD Black Ops, Mafia2, Max payne3 etc..

BTW does quad core really improve my gaming performance??:bleh:

My PC specs now..

CPU: E8400

Mobo: Gigabyte EX38 DS4

GPU: Sapphire 5850 Toxic 2GB :)

PSU: Corsair 620W HX

RAM: 2GB DDR 2 800 Mhz (wil upgrade to 4GB mostly month end)

GTAIV would benefit from a Quad. So would the Crysis/Warhead series, since they love multi cores. BC2 too. Most modern games are being coded to run well on >2 cores...!

Good purchase though. Powerful card. Not being taxed much on 1440 x 900.

overclock the hell out of that card its an awesome card and with the current GPUs the ATI has an upper hand .

The HD 5850 runs really cool compared to its nvidia competetitor so can be overclocked to a whole new level

Just tried Sapphire promotions and got the Driver Cleaner software so 1 out of 5 promotions is out, i know i should have tried some games but fine will do it the next time

I've used 2 out of 5 promos, one for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, other for Driver Cleaner right now. I want SHATTERED HORIZON(sapphire please read this!!!)

[attachment=5751:10858.attach]View attachment 10940
Supra said:

Ankur said:
@ thegame. Post some pics of the card as well as the box. i'm curious.! :)

Sorry guys as usual i didnt end up in cleaning my pc, i thought of doing it and getting some good pics but as usual will try to do it next week:p but when i received and opened the card i was so amazed that i took some pics with my corby pro phone and am attaching them and also the last one (last..fueling my pc) was taken with my digicam now but even that failed as batteries were out so couldn't take more pics...

Attachments

• card with cover.jpg
    card with cover.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 101
  • the beauty.jpg
    the beauty.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 5850 vs 8800gt.jpg
    5850 vs 8800gt.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 94
Supra said:

asingh said:
GTAIV would benefit from a Quad. So would the Crysis/Warhead series, since they love multi cores. BC2 too. Most modern games are being coded to run well on >2 cores...!

Good purchase though. Powerful card. Not being taxed much on 1440 x 900.
Just want to know whether Intel have stopped their LGA 775 processors as today i looked into intel.com and they were just promoting their i-core series... Then looked into newegg and deltapage and the lowest(i suppose) quad core
From delta: Quad Core Q8300 / 2.5 GHz 1333MHz,4 MB,LGA 7300
sells for around 7.3k so just wondering should i really go for it.. will wait for some more games to come this year and if they very much fail then will go for the quad. Crysis is damn good at high settings at 1440*900 runs around 60-65fps..crysis warhead yet to check..btw tried Metro, in my old card 8800gt at medium settings i was getting around 30-35fps but with 5850 all settings max am getting 90+ again didnt play for a longer time some 10-15mins and it was the lost tunnels mission (didnt like that game as compared to the real guns games:) ) all games run in WinXP sp3.

Right now am planning to upgrade my RAM only and would like to know whether can i go for the normal value Corsair RAM or the XMS series.

2GB DDR2 800 MHz
Kingston @ Rs.2350 each
Corsair @ 2900
Corsair XMS2 Series 2*2GB Kit = Rs.6950

so please post ur suggestions...

you seriously need to do some cable managemment :p You also got one of RAM in a incorrect slot ... both the 8 pin and the 24 pin can be easily directed behinde the MB tray ...since you use a HX 620 youy remove most of the unsed cables... adding a bottom intake fan makes a huge diffrence in that cabinet.

kolguy said:
you seriously need to do some cable managemment :p You also got one of RAM in a incorrect slot ... both the 8 pin and the 24 pin can be easily directed behinde the MB tray ...since you use a HX 620 youy remove most of the unsed cables... adding a bottom intake fan makes a huge diffrence in that cabinet.

You are 100% correct, it was decent before but when i inserted the new card it got messed up, was hunting for the second power connector for HD 5850 as i thought it was in a known place but ended in more time searching for it, so when i found it had no time infact didnt think to re arrange the cables as i was more curious in seeing the 5850 @ work:D..

Also good finding reg the RAM, i had it in the alternative slots again messed it by chaging it..guess u must join the FBI:p

Congrats on the card! :D

Calls for good cable management though. :p

So Supra has started charitable services as well eh? :lol:

Back