Got some good stuff :D

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Finally got the Altec Lansing MX5021 :D :D :D Cost me 6.6K, got it purely by luck.

Had a very bad day, was roaming arnd in SP road. Decided to go back home, realised i forgot to buy some flux and solder lead. Stopped bike somewhere galli, saw a big comp shop, Pragati Computers. Decided to ask, said he's got it!!!! immediately paid, collected it next day :D

Awesome speakers! :D not properly setup, and runs off my lappy :| have to wait a month for my rig to be completely built.

Using a stool for the left speaker, pic was taken before final setup...

Some other stuff as well :D

A compaq server PSU, with a wierd mounting and a 92mm fan. Not working though.

Notice the wierd ratings :S 12V 5A, 12.8V 8A :S opened up, board has 3 PCBs inside with a transformer mounted on the roof :S very very wierd indeed.

Has native SATA connectors, 90* ones and 90* molexes as well. If PSU dont work, atleast fan + wires will be helpful :D Did i forget to mention proper RC filter circuit for the input? :D All this for free :lol:

Something to tickle eazy :p

Delta EFB0812HHE, same fan as seen here -> Delta EFB0812HHE 80x38mm Triple Blade High Speed

Came with rubber mountings for the fan as well :p so i guess less vibes :lol:

nice laid back speaker sitting on the bed :lol:

congrats man , looking forward to your modding log ;)

^^Nice buy...

Hw does the MX compare to a native 5.1 in gaming and movies??

PS: wats d price of the compaq psu???

Kumar said:
whats a native 5.1? The 5021 is a 2.1...in fact the best VFM good quality speakers available now in India.

Bleh... :mad:

Dude I know its a 2.1..

Native 5.1 as in a normal 5.1 like a Creative inspire and d like..

Basically hw good it sounds while gaming and watchin movies...

You cant compare the inspire 5.1 with the 5021 in terms of sound quality. The 5021 is miles ahead....even the ATP3 is better than the inspire 5.1 (the 5200 model) interms of SQ

that's a passive PFC supply.

PC PSUs have useful stuff

High voltage caps

lots of high current enamelled wire

filters and passives

heatsinks

Lastly, can form a nice case for a little amplifier or DAC.

^^ exactly :D what more can a guy want from free stuff? :p

rahul, these speakers aklso have uber blue LEDs :p

Am listening to some good music as i type @ Chaos's place :p damn these MXs are no way close to this :(

Back