Got some OCZ Platinum DDR RAM

sydras

Skilled
Got me self some sweet 2X 1GB OCZ Platinum series PC3200 EL DDR RAM sticks .:clap: (Actually I'd got this around a month ago but I did not have the time to post pics.) Wanted to move to 2GB a long time ago(ever since I played F.E.A.R).

I got my uncle in the U.S. to purchase them off Memory-Configurator.com - computer memory laptop memory and flash memory supplier for 281 USD. Found out later that the same is available for 149 USD on newegg :mad: ahh..what the hell I got it for free anyway :hap2:

Model no. : OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K (2GB dual channel platinum EL series matched DDR RAM kit)

More details here: OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum

The feel is awesome. I'm not looking to build the fastest system on earth but I want to put quality components into my rig. These babies don't disappoint.

Noticed that they weigh more than double of my old Kingston 2 X 512MB RAM modules.

Easily doing their rated 2-3-2-5 timings in my system. No plans to overclock.

The system feels smooth when playing games now. An amazing difference was noticed with F.E.A.R. Reload times were greatly reduced and overall gamplay was amazing with no stutter. Very minor stutter noticed with games like Doom3 and Quake4 were also not noticed. Seems like memory intensive games can really benefit from 2GB.

I don't know how to post pics inline. So please excuse the attachments :).

Congrats!!:thumb:

Enjoy the goodness of low latency memory!!:eek:hyeah:

p.s. if the ones u have are the 2.8v ones, aim a 60/70/80mm fan at it- will go a long way to increase the RAM life, stability and counter negative effects of bad ventilation in your case if it's so.:)

Thanks guys.

Bikey....is it necessary to place a fan on the mem sticks even if I'm running them on stock? I never bothered to check the voltage it's running at(i used to keep my Kingston sticks at 2.72V on my old Asrock mobo (A939-A8X-M ). Will check it out today though.

My case is very badly ventilated. Only one 80 mm case fan taking air out and no front intake fan.

Back