Got Something BIG today

wow awesome, even i was looking to pick one up, can provide more details about the pricing and plan packages?

Congrats and looking forward to a review

farookh said:
Hi,

just got my Reliance BigTv DTH box, its got component out & is HD ready
Will be doing a full review soon.

Yaar, I hate Reliance, and for obvious reason. they come with big deal every time, putting every possible thing they can and then they are over. Their support is pathetic, Service is crap.
Let see if they can improve their image in this project at least.

Congrats Farookh, you never cease to amaze us with your Show off's. :D

Do you get all DTH channels in HD format through this thing?:ashamed:

not all channels. i heard they will be introducing 5 hd channels soon. dont know if they have been introduced or when they will.

The Alchemist said:
Congrats Farookh, you never cease to amaze us with your Show off's. :D

Do you get all DTH channels in HD format through this thing?:ashamed:

well there are planning to launch about 5 HD channels once they start selling HD ready stb which will be priced above 4k.

currently all channels are given in 576i,the present STB is made by hyundai and is not HD capable.

H@cKer said:
farookh eagerly waiting for ur review give some details abt the pricing and plan dude

as of now all big tv users are beta testers ,currently there are lots of issues to be solved,BTW the stb given for beta testers is the old STB made by hyundai and it has some heating issues,they are going to launch a differnt model for commercial launch.

those who wish to get BIG tv before commercial launch is a bad idea:no: ,the STB freezes occasionaly ,certain times channel changing takes ages,since the stb fails to respond to the remote commander nor the main stb controls.
the EPG doesnt work most of the time and if it does work it shows the wrong info.:mad:
currently there are 191 channels which includes 10 radio ch and approx 20 pay per view channels.since i am been using big tv for over 4months now i have noticed the quality of video decreasing each time they add more channels,and since they have only 8 transponders in MEASAT sattelite the quality of video channels are only going to get worse if they add more channels.

for lcd and plasma user despite the stb having a component out and a option in menu for 16:9 aspect ratio,the video still comes in 4:3 and customer care nor the supervisor nor the person who is higher rank then him couldnt answer and wheren't even aware of it.:mad:

Back