Android Got the green screen and I'm devastated

Bullet_1

Recruit
What the title says. My motorola edge 30 of like what 8 months? Got the green screen. Morning I wake up at 5 to turn off the alarm and I'm damned to see that. After a while they double up, it's like those amoeba we were taught about in school. Since then I've been frenzied and thrown into a disarray. I have an active warranty on this thing but I was gifted this device from the Emirates. I dialled up for service centre numbers and whilst some didn't pick up others said they can't fix this for free cause of no international warranty policy. Golden luck man real golden.

Attachments

• IMG-20240803-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240803-WA0002.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 83
there was a case of this happening on oneplus phones after a software update and I think that is what is happening on moto as well

Sorry to hear. I can understand as I have a Gigabyte laptop bought from outside and with "international warranty". Well as expected Gigabyte India never honored it. Its a risk buying cheaper from outside - its a call many of us would make tbh. As for the patches on android phones introducing bugs, nothing new about it - "planned obsolescence" is a thing. All I can say it before doing any update, make sure it has been tested by over eager "beta testers" on reddit/telegram who install it on day one. Read their reviews and then decide to update. The cheaper the android device, the better to stay further away with any update.

Back