Graphic Cards GPU Advice Needed

asvinder

Disciple
Hi
i am looking for a new gpu for my rig .was using 4850 of my friend uptill now .
My budget is 23k

My considerations:
1)GTX 570
2)6970 (must be priced right)

My config
intel i7 950
gigabyte x58 ud3r
samsung px2370
corsair tx750

i will game at 1920 x1080.

i read the reviews for 6970.After reading it ,all i can say is that , its performance is more or less equal to the GeForce GTX 570.

Help me decide ....

I too would suggest the HD6970. The preorder prices are similar for both GTX570~22k and HD6970~22.5k

Grab a HIS HD6970 ~ 22.5k shipped from Shripad(Purnam tech). They have pain free RMA of courier in replacement and Shripad being a PC enthusiast himself would help u out in case of any issues.

The HD 6970 or get a HD 6950 and CrossFire it later upto you I will not risk shooting myself because I have never recommended such newly released cards to anyone can you wait for the company's to release cards on which they have done a number ( OCed them, some free game etc.etc. ) just my view :) HAPPY GAMING either ways

A 6850 CF will be at least 30-50% faster than a 6970.

But for a single card, 570 or 6970 both are competent bets.

joel.monty said:
I would not go CF,since it always does not scale well,go for 6970.

Did u care to check the reviews and charts in that link? HD6850 CF ~ 22k beats the GTX580 and HD5970. The HD68xx series scales extremely well. (On part with SLI IINM)

I didnt thnk about going for a crossfire. Will there be any problems ?

If i go only for a single card then according to u it shud be 6970.

FYI i will not be upgrading my gpu at least for year or two. so keeping this in mind plz suggest me.

GTX 570 would be the best in my choice..

PhysX, better drivers etc.. make me feel 570 should be the ideal choice, if 6970 is around 20k then it would be ideal but i guess both the cards will go down in prices at the same moment so thats why didn't mention 570 on the price advantage (i.e. currrently 500 less than 6970)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@OP, i know you must be regretting for opening this thread:bleh::bleh: but these 2 cards are almost identical and choosing one over the other is a bit hard compared to the earlier generations as the previous green ones has the higher price and heating issues so it was easy to recommend the red ones that time but now nVidia is back in style..:clap::clap:

asvinder said:
I didnt thnk about going for a crossfire. Will there be any problems ?

If i go only for a single card then according to u it shud be 6970.

FYI i will not be upgrading my gpu at least for year or two. so keeping this in mind plz suggest me.
Buy x2 HD6850 and crossfire them... By crossfiring these two cards u wont face any problem... And ur power supply can easily handle x2 hd6850...

x2 HD6850 Performs like HD5970 and HD5970 performs better than GTX570 and GTX580...

x2 HD6850 will cost 22.5K...

And Crossfired HD6850 can easily last for more than two years ;)...

thnk u guys for all ur support .As for my decision I thinking about going for 6970 for now and crossfire it later .

It been's really great to have u guys around here helping guy's like us

thnk u.

Back