Graphic Cards gpu core temperature 6600gt

felicis_1985

Disciple
hi

i recently bought
leadtek winfast 6600gt 128 mb agp card.

my core temperature under no load hovers between 50 and 55 celsius.

on playing games it operates around 65 to 80 celsius.

sometimes when i play fear it crosses 80 celsius and maximum it has reached till now is 89 celsius.

are these temeratures ok.

if not what r the recommendations to reduce temperature.

core slowdown threshold for this card is 145 celsius.

thanx

i think its pretty ok if u are keeping ur comp without AC and ambient temps are high .... try to improve case ventilation ....... and u can fit another fan on the GPU heat sink ......

If the core temp of your card is that high, it's clear your case needs better cooling.

1. A no-cost solution: check whether you have another PCI card (soundcard/ethernet adapter for exampe) right below your graphics card. There may be very little room and therefore temperatures will be that high... simply moving that PCI card to a lower slot should make a 10º difference in idle and load temps.

2. Buy a VGA cooler: if you can get your hands on AC NV Silencer nothing like it. Or else, find an Antec dealer and pick up the the Antec Cyclone Blower [Rs.950] or Antec VCool [Rs.1350].

80-85 is pretty common for 6600GT cards unless in an airconditioned environment. You might wanna do what Rio said just in case.

RiO said:
If the core temp of your card is that high, it's clear your case needs better cooling.

1. A no-cost solution: check whether you have another PCI card (soundcard/ethernet adapter for exampe) right below your graphics card. There may be very little room and therefore temperatures will be that high... simply moving that PCI card to a lower slot should make a 10º difference in idle and load temps.

2. Buy a VGA cooler: if you can get your hands on AC NV Silencer nothing like it. Or else, find an Antec dealer and pick up the the Antec Cyclone Blower [Rs.950] or Antec VCool [Rs.1350].

there is no NV silencer for 6600GT AGP ....

6600GT AGP version does run hotter compared to the PCIe version coz of the extra chip used on the card.. and 80~85 is about normal load temps on the AGP 6600GT..

Back