Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

People who do have GPUs are incredibly lucky. I almost sold my Vega for an exorbitant price, but in the end decided against it because even 60k isn't enough to get a new 3060Ti card! Market has truly gone crazy, hope ASICs come and take over eth asap

People who do have GPUs are incredibly lucky. I almost sold my Vega for an exorbitant price, but in the end decided against it because even 60k isn't enough to get a new 3060Ti card
I too sold my cards 2 days ago for a good price thinking I'll quickly buy a 3080, turns out 3080s have become very hard to find in the market, I may end up regretting selling them. Still looking for a good deal on 3080. Have a deal ongoing but can't say until I have the card in my hands.

People who do have GPUs are incredibly lucky. I almost sold my Vega for an exorbitant price, but in the end decided against it because even 60k isn't enough to get a new 3060Ti card! Market has truly gone crazy, hope ASICs come and take over eth asap
Damn I thought you got a 30 series card when you closed the WTB threads. That sucks

Damn I thought you got a 30 series card when you closed the WTB threads. That sucks
Haha I wish. I managed to get my software to run on AMD ROCm somehow, despite only having beta support (PyTorch). Not too shabby since this performs as well as a 1080Ti in compute, but 30 series cards are super impressive for compute thanks to their Tensor cores.

Can anyone confirm this.
My contact is saying GPU prices are on the rise again.
Zotac AMP holo 3080ti is 170k
3080 is 110k
3070ti is 105k
Can any one explain if something new happened on the crypto front.
Yes they are on a high eps since last 10days of Aug..
I too sold my cards 2 days ago for a good price thinking I'll quickly buy a 3080, turns out 3080s have become very hard to find in the market, I may end up regretting selling them. Still looking for a good deal on 3080. Have a deal ongoing but can't say until I have the card in my hands.
Curious why not 3070ti which is easily available and why only 3080.

Curious why not 3070ti which is easily available and why only 3080.
I don't consider it as an upgrade. I'm considering at least a 3080 as an actual upgrade from a 3070.
Edit: And of course, in the end I may have to make do with whatever I can get like many others.

Last edited:
I don't consider it as an upgrade. I'm considering at least a 3080 as an actual upgrade from a 3070.
Edit: And of course, in the end I may have to make do with whatever I can get like many others.
Not sure which 2 cards you sold hence the query but anyways saw your sig and you already own 3070 so yeah no point. But would suggest aim for 3090 then if pocket permits..
Btw hows 3070fe performance and temperatures?

But would suggest aim for 3090 then if pocket permits..
That would require major overhaul of all other components in my system, which I don't think I need.
Btw hows 3070fe performance and temperatures?
I was really impressed with performance and temps, I've never owned any FE before so can't compare, build quality wise it gives whole metal feel when you hold it in your hands.
To give an idea of performance and temps, it never went above 70 degrees in 1440p burn-in test in Kombuster for around 20 minutes (30 degrees ambient, Custom fan curve though but still fans were at 70%). The default fan curve likes to keep the operation as silent as possible and would cross 70% fan speed only if temps are above 80 degrees.

Please read the post of one of the fb seller justifying the GPU prices

Screenshot_2021-09-03-02-11-25-46_f598e1360c96b5a5aa16536c303cff92.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20210903_095451.jpg

Some more partial truth from this guy, I think actual percentages are much more high than he is claiming.

According to him 60% price hike from manufacturers.

Basically what he is saying is "Kaddu katega sab me batega" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
90% of stats are made on the spot. I don't buy that a national distributor only has 300 GPUs now. Even a retailer probably has 50 to 100 GPUs.

I feel the Etherium run is not over yet. It jumped 10% yesterday. If someone wants a card now, now is the time. If you can hold to buy another day, you can never buy a card. There will always be a better deal some time in the future for that card.(sometime before it goes obsolete)

90% of stats are made on the spot. I don't buy that a national distributor only has 300 GPUs now. Even a retailer probably has 50 to 100 GPUs.
These peeps keep posting the pics of stacks and stacks of GPUs with captions like "Ready to Ship", "Stock Ready", "DM for details", "Back To Business", "X number of GPUs available" etc etc.
In July I went to Nehru Place and I saw shelves full of GPUs with ultra ridiculous prices.
So I doubt about low supply.

These peeps keep posting the pics of stacks and stacks of GPUs with captions like "Ready to Ship", "Stock Ready", "DM for details", "Back To Business", "X number of GPUs available" etc etc.
In July I went to Nehru Place and I saw shelves full of GPUs with ultra ridiculous prices.
So I doubt about low supply.
It must be because of multiple factors.

1. Silicon shortage is real. Anything with a silicon chip in it is scarce. Companies didn't plan for extremely high demand and low supply. Which to their benefit isn't going to affect much of their revenue as long as people dole out the extra cash.

2. Of course, retailers are trying to make profit of this situation, everyone did from covid, hospitals owners and every doctor with half a decent practice and an attached pathology lab did and those were much more ethically questionable deeds.

These are extraordinary times, vote with your wallet, if you can delay your purchase do so. Respond with your wallet to scalpers and retailers and wholesalers who are acting like scalpers. I highly doubt that most people who want to buy cards right now can't do without one.

Back